B2K Manager: Sexual Abuse Claims are Crap

12/24/2007 4:18 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Stokes (center), who managed the band B2K before they broke up, is vehemently denying allegations he sexually abused former member Demario "Raz-B" Thorton (right) and his brother, Ricardo aka Ricky Romance (left).

The allegations, which surfaced on YouTube, include improper touching and outright molestation. Interestingly, both alleged victims can be heard generally accusing Stokes, but for the most part their statements lack specifics.

Stokes released this statement:

"The accusations that Demario "Raz B" Thorton and Ricardo Thorton have made are vehemently false and hold no merit. I have recently stopped financially supporting both individuals along with assisting them with their criminal and legal matters which leads me to believe they are resentful and looking to benefit financially from this."

The statement continues: "My family is my first priority and the reason why I have been so supportive of them. In bringing these false claims, they have not only slandered me, they have also put me in a position to ensure that the truth is known and I will take all legal routes to protect myself, my family and my four children ... It's also quite ironic that these statements were made only 2 weeks after they were denied admittance by a venue for an event I hosted in Beverly Hills."

Well

I cant' watch the video. What are they saying?

K

Parents need to stop pimping their children out like a cash cow!!! If you have a talented child quite your day job and take care of your child! Do not leave them in the care of a MOLESTER!!!
Molesters always prey on children in their care and they are usually a cousin, aunt, uncle, pastor/priest, next door neighbor - someone with authority that is close to your child. I know this because it happened to me. I am in my 40's and I NEVER told my parents - it was MY COUSIN and I wasn't the only one that was molested. When your 11 you can't even believe it's happening to you - your mind goes somewhere else until it's over and you never want to think about it again. Afterwards you exhibit strange behavior, withdrawn from activities you once enjoyed, the child NEVER wants to return to the place it happened or be in the company of the person it hapened with... If it weren't for my faith in GOD I don't know where I would be today.
So I believe Raz and may GOD Bless him for speaking up and hopefully something positive can come out of a negative situation!!!

mdm826

In my opinion, these videos prove nothing. Did he do it? Maybe. But the videos are so edited, people are passing judgement on statements that are spliced together. How convenient is it for Ricky Romance's video to start off with him saying, "I don't do that anymore"? What was being said before that? This video comes off as a disgruntled performer who's trying to get back into the game. I don't recall him asking once in the conversation with Chris Stokes why he molested all these boys. He was too busy trying to find out why his mother was escorted out of an event. What does that have to do with molestation? If it actually happened, why not meet at the police station instead of some resturant? What's there to talk about? Tell it to a cop, then I'll believe it for sure.

Tony

TMZ needs to do more investigation into this story. It's a huge story and needs more press. Do an interview with Raz B or Chris Stokes or something. I believe if anyone can truly break this story it's TMZ.

Chaz

Yeah I agree TMZ get to these guys and do an investigation common Harvey we know you can break this story and we know you have the resources to pull up the past dirt of this guy. Unless you are scared......I think that is a challenge!

Check out this website Ricky Romance has more info to add.

MJ fan

As a social worker, having investigated several cases of child sexual abuse, boys have been the most difficult to obtain disclosures of sexual abuse especially when the perpetrator is male and having close ties to family members. With this outcry, the boys should not be riddiculed as this may cause them to recant their story. Also for many other boys/children of sexual abuse, this would be an opportunity for them to feel that they are "safe" to tell their abuse to someone, seing the courage it took for "famous' boys to tell theirs.

Me

Na-stay! --And I don't believe the apology.

Virtue

Raz B recanted his statements because he recorded all parties involved without their knowledge. That is a federal crime, and he would be facing serious time, especially if they have high powered attorneys who will bury you with that charge. Raz B is screwed because of this, and now he cant use the evidence against Chris Stokes. Yo, the man is guilty...and his lawyers are doing what they are paid to do, not reveal the truth!

Barbara Carter

I think Chris Stokes did it, that's why if you remember when J-boog said that he felt like he was raped back in 2004 when the group split up, he probably was talking about financially and physically, I hope that Raz-B and Ricky stick together and bring Chris Stokes down like the dog he is, and yes I truly believe they were molested (all the group members) and O and MH should stop being mice and be grown men. Good luck to Raz-B, J-Boog, and Fizz I hope this does not break up there relationship with one another. You guys stand strong and bring Chris Stokes to justice. holla.

James

Why is everyone tryna say Raz B is lyin??!! Anyone who has been molested knows its not easy 2 come out and say u have been molested especially with all the people who dont believe u!! We all know Chris Stokes is gay/look @ how Immature was looking back in the day, Boys with arch eyebrows & permed hair.....come on peopl use ur brain!! Kudo 2 Raz/expose the closet people!!!!!

sexyred

These rumors about chris stokes being gay are not a lie if ur i hollywood u can find him picking up transexuals on hollywood blvd.... Now he want to hide behind the wife and kids but how often do u even hear him speak on her????? ONLY WHEN CONVIENT because he thinks because he is married how can i be gay????? I GUESS CHRIS STOKES AND WIFE MUST BE BLIND TO THE DOWNLOW BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Women need to wake and pay attention to there men actions!!! MEN R JUST NASTY that is sad a man would risk his wife and kids life over a piece of ass!!!!!!! CHRIS MAKE UP UR MIND DO U WANT MARQUES HOUSTON OR MRS. STOKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chaz

I think too many times women KNOW what is going on in the back of there heads but when they have a man who is rich and can give them things than all self worth, self esteme and any sense leaves the building! I think his wife knows what he is all about but the money looks too good and now because they have kids it may be harder for her to walk away. She'd better start thinking about getting some child support or something cause the truth will come out and all his power and riches will be gone!

Chaz

Anybody doing anything for the victims who are still being victimized? Any justice for them?

Chaz

Who ever Chris Stokes lawyer is should be ashamed! But I guess some people prefer money over truth. God help us all!

Bisa

PEOPLE PEOPLE USE YOUR COMMON SENSE, I WOULD'NT WANT TO HANG OUT WITH THE PERSON THAT WRONGED ME THIS CATS ARE STUPID AND LOOKING FOR ATTENTION, WHAT HAS HE DONE SENSE B2K......NOTHING SO JUST THINK ABOUT IT, I DID'NT REALIZE HOW SIMPLE MINDED PEOPLE ARE WITHOUT USING THEIR BRAINS, THATS WHAT IT FOR. IF IT WERE ME HE WOULD BE UNDER THE JAIL CELL, AND CHARGES HAV'NT EVEN BEEN PRESSED UPON HIM, I'M GLAD I HAVE A BRAIN OF MY OWN AND KNOW HOW TO USE IT UNLIKE MOST OF YOU IDIOTS.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments