Don Cornelius -- Soul Survivor

12/24/2007 2:41 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"Soooooulllll Traaaaain" host Don Cornelius, 71, must have wanted to show the world he's still around -- so he shook it over to the Ivy, where there's always a camera on the menu. Say cheese!

A leather-clad Don was sure to show the cameras he was forkin' over a $20 tip to the valet -- but ended up grabbin' some change before he pulled out.

Let's hope it wasn't his last money, and he doesn't run out of gas, honey!

Standards are badly needed.

Oh, wow. I've been watching Soul Train reruns up here in Canada, and my husband and I can only grin at the disco outfits and dance moves from the 70's/80's that we remember so well. The music is still great R+B/soul. The old Soul Train shows are like a time capsule snapshot, and can be a hoot to watch.

Peep

Isn't that the black guy that was racist against other blacks??

Scott

That guy's a COMPLETE JERK. Check out his website. What a greedy old tool

Yucks!

Looks like this OLD SOUL TRAIN has run out of steam! And why the hell does he have his pants pulled up so high?

vikki

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!

windy

da brotha needs 2 buy weed.

roughdaddy

he doesnt like the cameras yet his dinning at the ivy!! i dont get it....

Angiebaby

Soul Train. In the 70's, it came on only once a week... Saturday at midnight or was it 1am (I'm thinking it was 1am)... I had to stay up really late to watch it. I used to try to time the ending of the opening Soul Train call. Never, not once, hit it. But it was brought to us by Afro-Sheen... and Ultra-Sheen. What a memory. Thanks, Don.

Grumpy old man

Don loks like a grump old man! lol How old is he, 90? lol

Poetical

How did yall track him down. I honestly thought dude was dead LOL. That was a walk down Memory Ave. His show used to come on after the Saturday morning cartoons.

DaveRog

Wow, TMZ let the meanie queenie elf out of the closet today. Every article is mean, mean, mean.

Boxy Roxy

I can't stand this guy. Years ago, in the 70s I think it was, I was watching a Soul Train where the performer was doing Cornelius' wife. Cornelius was all nice at first, then really lit into the guy. It was amazing; I couldn't believe they'd show that on TV. Maybe it was live? Ever since then, I thought Cornelius was, as another poster said, a "tool." What a loser. He is so 3 decades ago! "Let's give it up!"

What Would Xmas Be Without Warrants Served In Annas Death

That dude is a turd with ears.

SuperStarSteve

Don Cornelius still has money. If TMZ followed me around I would tip the valet $30 just to show I'm ok too. SEE ME?!!!

LT

In Reference to the comment in the caption.The white Media and their cronies are so jealous and such haters. A lot of you wish that all Black folks could be broke and at your beck and call. But I don't think so.
Don't be mad because you're white and have no soul or sense of rhythm. Maybe that white woman got all of his money if he is indeed broke !

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments