Stallone in Rambo Overkill

12/24/2007 1:41 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

After bringing the Rocky series back from the dead, Sylvester Stallone is now doing the same with Rambo -- and he's not afraid to self promote at every available opportunity.

Stallone slyly turns a holiday question into a Rambo plug, only to later reveal his jacket has his face plastered on the back.

Gotta pay those Ferrari bills somehow ...

She looks like hell

Ambereagle and other fans. We have to stick together. Ignore the little 13 year olds. They have grown up with no talent to really understand. Yeah, Over the Top wasn't his best movie but there are lots of actors, including some of the biggest icons ever who have starred in flops. However, they have enough talent to move past it and move on. Let's look at Britney's, Jennifer's and Maria's movie careers. Yeah THEY lasted! Oh and can't forget Madonna's box office blockbusters. ROFL. Actors like Stallone, DeNiro, Pacino, Redford, Hanks, even Pitt, can't be duplicated by this young bunch coming up...but you are too young to understand. Go ask your parents LOL

duh

Bosco, it wasn't Rhinestone Cowboy, it was just "Rhinestone." And you call that a box office hit? Sly calls it the movie he wishes he never did. He turned down Michael Douglas' role in Romancing the Stone and the lead in Beverly Hills Cop to play that part. Here's the description of the "plot line:" - Country music star (Dolly Parton) must turn an obnoxious New York cabbie (Sly) into a singer in order to win a bet. Hit? I think not.

duh

Happy Christmas - you did not seriously just list Stallone with Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro did you? Oh my god...

wasted days and wasted nights

I think it is somewhat festive and somewhat humorous that celebrities--Kid Rock and now Sly Stallone--are wearing apparel that promotes themselves. Will the trend continue? "The name is Bond. Read my t-shirt. James Bond."

Rockstar

Cop Land is a seriously awesome movie. And even though I might not lump Sly into the same group as Pacino or DiNiro, among action stars, he's certainly had a fuller career than Vin Diesel, and at least he never stooped to the ultimate low of getting into politics.

equal opportunity offender

OMG, that man sweat an image of Jesus Christ on his back!!!

Hallelujah!!!!!!

lindap

I wish the stars on my pictures would make half the effort that sly does. So many want to tell you about themselves and their lives and values with absolutely no comprehension of their demographic. Alway's putting a foot in their mouths and making people change their minds about seeing my movies because they think the star playing the lead is an a**hole (often a correct assumption). They need to be promoting like Sly. F'n prima donnas think it's about them and not the characters they portray.
Seeing someone get it and do it right and then being teased just made me have to post to vent . I've got all of these plastic people calling and wishing me Season's Greetings all week and I'll flip out on one of them if I don't vent.
Whoo, feel better now. How about some egg nog?

Sir Nigel Buttercrumpet

Hang it up gramps!

Party 'till you die!

Dujoo Wocheee, abslothludelee HGH!!!!

LongJohn69

Looking at the jacket drawing leads me to think the movie is going to be about Jim Morrison, not Rambo.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2