Toby Keith Awarded Millions in Dad's Death

12/25/2007 2:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Toby KeithA jury awarded country star Toby Keith and his family $2.8 million in damages in the 2001 death of his father.

Keith's dad, H.K. Covel, was driving on Interstate 35 in Oklahoma when his truck was bumped by another vehicle, causing it to cross the center median, where it was hit by a charter bus carrying 21 passengers. That bus, according to evidence presented at trial, was "in urgent need" of brake repairs.

The jury ruled unanimously against the owners of the bus, Rodriguez Transportes, and the Republic Western Insurance Co. of Arizona.

THEMOMMA

LENN ............ I TOTALLY AGREE ...... IT'S ALL ABOUT WHO HAS THE DEEPEST POCKETS AND EVIDENTLY THE CAR THAT HIT HIM DIDN'T ..............

A

really sad that this world has come down to money especially when tobey already has it, a real person would donate the settlement to a charity if he does not it looks like he is a pathetic greed.

Poetical

I know he would rather have his dad. But for everything under the sun there is a time.

Tobybear

#17 you are such a jerk. I hope nothing ever happens to one of your family members like that. They didn't care about the money, they wanted their Father's name cleared and they got it. How dare you mention the KKK in the same breath as Toby Keith. I feel sorry for your mother to see how her child turned out. The bus was suppose to be in control to be able to stop, obviously he wasn't. Untl you walk in someone elses shoes or know who they are you don't have the right to judge them.

KKK

WOW some of you are the most ignorant fools in the world.. I belive is that your just pissed that your life sucks ass and Toby lost his father. LENN, your a huge jackass. That comment was by far the most ignorant and foolish I have ever read. You deserve to get your ass kicked for saying that. YOUR A FOOL.. and an IDIOT to boot. You need a " Boot in your ass"

killa'bro

Toby Keith the Grand Wizard = KKK

The first branch of the Ku Klux Klan was established in Pulaski, Tennessee, in May, 1866. A year later a general organization of local Klans was established in Nashville in April, 1867. In 1993, Keith went to Nashville, Tennessee. During the next two years Klansmen wearing masks, white cardboard hats and draped in white sheets, tortured and killed black Americans and sympathetic whites.

kay

I wish I had been on that jury. That bus was no way the cause of this accident. The vehicle crossed a median and ran in front of this bus? Give me a break. I would certainly appeal this ruling.

Dee

Way to go BIG DOG DADDY!!! Love ya

killa'bro

Hey OMFG youre responce is too funny, Toby pay you to say that?

Gregg

I sure hope he gives ever cent to Chairity since I have seen the azz that he really is. And I have seen juries make some really stupid decisons when it comes to giving money away. As for the MORNON who wants to show there stupid RACIST thoughts. Lots of vehicles fail simple road test has nothing to do with there point of origin but you cant wait to blame it on Mexico

Jane H

Toby Keith has family that live in western Arkansas that we know. This is a fine, decent, down to earth family. They deserve any compensation for their grief.

Marlb Man

OMFG,
People can say anything they like! Go masterbate to Toby and pretend his giant fat lips are slobbering all over your giant ass!

Dee

Go Okies!!!!!

Suzie

Good. Glad to hear of substantial award given. Brakes don't cost much, but lives cannot be replaced.

MeLrose

HELL I SAY THAT THE PERSON DRIVING THE CAR THAT HIT TOBY'S FATHER AND DROVE HIM INTO THE PATH OF THAT BUS ANDDDDDDDDDDDD THE BUS ARE BOTH AT FAULT HERE!!!! NOTJUST ONE OR THE OTHER.ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE HELL CAUSED THE PERSON IN THE CAR TO HIT MR. KEITH IN THE FIRST PLACE??? IF IT WAS IN THE ARTICLE I MISSED IT,,,,,,,,,

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments