Yung Joc: Proud to Be an American!

12/27/2007 8:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Yung JocRapper Yung Joc is anxious to clear his name after being arrested at Cleveland Hopkins Airport on Sunday for carrying a concealed weapon -- but not so anxious that he wants to show up in court.

Joc, real name Jasiel Robinson, missed a court appearance on Wednesday, but released a statement through his lawyer that says, "I have the utmost respect for the laws of this country and would never deliberately commit an act that would jeopardize my freedom, my family, or my career. I've worked very hard to achieve my goals, and it's unfortunate that this current situation has garnered more attention than the many donations I've made and the charitable work I've done with various organizations."

He went on to say, "I'm proud to be a citizen of America, where we are taught to believe that every person is afforded the presumption of innocence. That being said, I have full respect for the judicial system and its due process. I look forward to resolving this situation and moving forward to a positive and prosperous 2008. Best wishes to you and your families in the New Year. Thank you."

He is due back in court on January 25. The felony charge he faces carries a possible sentence of up to 18 months.

White America

White America Is a Racist, please dude, stop. You are getting killed by a couple of racists nonetheless and out of the 3 of you, you are the one coming off looking stupid. No offense. Just trying to help.

jeff

Tour Business??? LOL LOL LOL wow graduated from College to run a Tour business. Bet your parents are proud if you even know who your daddy is. Mom probably made more money on her back than she ever did standing up at a job

White America

Pam, excellent evaluation! You're right on the money. You must have gotten your psychiatry degree at Morehouse. Did you take "I be knowin' what yo' thinkin' 101" or "Advance Placement- Don't be leavin' no jheri curl juice on ma couch b!tch"?

Party 'till you die!

Yup, MY tour business. Driving tourists over Four Peaks to Roosevelt lake. Business is great, I make good money, and I LOVE my work. Now off to talk about the Ancient Anasazis!

White America

Jeff, I have a sneaky suspicion that this tour is of ASU. That's why he feels he graduated from there. And by touring ASU I mean trespassing ASU.

WHAT?

No pun intended BUT the comment about more working for a living, less welfare makes my wallet glad Pam
Please talk to those in New Orleans. They are destroying the trailers because 'times up on the freebee?' WOW give me 2-3 years of living for free, I could retire!!!!!!!!!

Feel sorry if rapping is the only qualification on a resume'

White America

Dude, quit, weren't you kinda defending this guy like 10 minutes ago?lol But I gotta admit that you make a point.....

Alexis

Why does everything have to turn into something racial gosh man this is the most childish and ridiculous argument ever! Like really over a skin color, a skin color, please for everyone making racial comments Black and White stop it. Skin color is just that a color every individual should be judged on how they personally act not by others who look like them. Like really this race stuff is so kindergarten and ignorant that it makes you all look stupid. I notice “Certain” post seem to bring racist from both sides and it is so immature so really all of you GROW UP.

WHAT?

Pam, don't a - quit a - SCHOOL

Alexis

No you go bury yourself in a hole so the world will not have to deal with your ignorance.

pamala

YES ILOVE CHICKEN DO I GET THE JOB

White America

LOL! Pam has a sense of humor unlike some people "cough jamie cough" so she's awesome.

Alexis

Sense of humor about what, I do not get what was funny about the comment to go watch Oprah. Please explain?

ButterflyAngel

LOL - WELL IT KEPT HIM HERE BECAUSE MY DAUGHTER AND I MET HIM AT THE EASTLAND MALL IN COLUMBUS ON WED AFTERNOON! HE WAS VERY NICE AS HE TOOK A PICTURE WITH MY DAUGHTER! THANKS JOC!

leni

After missing his court date he released a statement that never once mentioned his missing it or why. Hmmmm

If he's unhappy with the lack of press for his many charitable donations and community projects perhaps he should be speaking to his PR people.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments