Brit Was a No Show at Her Depo

1/2/2008 9:23 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Britney Spears' deposition was scheduled today and she didn't show -- again!

If we're counting correctly, this is the fifth time her scheduled deposition in the custody case didn't happen. Last month, Britney claimed she was too ill to sit for her depo, yet TMZ caught her out partying that same night.

Sources say the fact that she didn't show for the depo was a factor in her lawyers' decision to file papers today asking to withdraw as counsel, but it was only one of many reasons. As one connected source put it, "Her whole life has become insane and it's impossible for anyone to get through to her."

Walter

She will be out partying tonight.

Kate

Time for Spears to spend a week in jail. 2nd contempt of court.

J

PS - peace & TMZ best wishes for a fabulous healthy & wealthy 2008 - have a neoliberal fun evening.

She Never Learns

Gee, the lawyers DIDNT know about mental case Brit after she was deserted by 2 law firms in a matter of weeks ?

Its amazing that they took this long to come ot their senses and begin the process to exit this awful business relationship.

Maybe Brit can hire Howard K Stern......that would be funny

JennR

Take her children (and driver's licence) away, put her in rehab, and then in jail.
There is no need for her to continue breaking the law and putting everyone's lives in danger, everytime she gets behind the wheel.
And is ANYONE surprised she didn't show? I'm not...

britisanidiot

Not surprising at all. She's mentally ill and evidently knows that she's unable to care for her offspring.
even though Kevin is no "Father Knows Best" he has been stable enough to go to depositions and provide loving care for those boys. The sad fact is she never wanted to be a mother to those precious children. She only wanted a 'headline'. she got it. now time marches on. We will see SEan Preston and his little brother featured one day I fear, on ..........."INTERVENTION". Hopefully their mom's,,,,,,,,,,,,,not theirs'.

Aleahh

somone please tell me what a deposition is, without slamming me? Please?

lp

Was it another anxiety attack?

chris f

TMZ please do a Britney black out maybe if she is out of the public eye she will get the help she needs. She is gets away with anything and loves showing it off, I am sick of it. She drives without a valid drivers lic and runs over people and drives 100+ MPH. Someone in the police in LA step up and arrest her and make her get help. My 2 cents worth.

Cynic

Q - Would you please stop with the stupid political garbage??? Your ignorance is showing, and it's not attractive!

lp

Aleahh - she needs to sit down face to face with k-feds attorney and answer questions.

me

"Baker Act" comes to mind with this woman.

He's just another Idiot

I don't know whether I believe this or not. If her lawyers really care about her, they would get her medical help. They must not be communicating with her too well. Reputable lawyers work with their clients - they don't ditch them.
I think sleazy Kaplan and deadbeat K-Dud are behind (as usual) this latest bunch of lies. And, you, Mama Lynne Spears, aren't you proud of the way your daughters turned out ?? How come people all over the country (maybe the world) know that Britney is having a mental breakdown and no one is doing anything about it? If she were my daughter, I would get her to a Mental Health Clinic if I had to call the Police to help me get her there. There's no excuse for Britney to be suffering like this.

June Cleaver

They need to yank her visitation to keep her boys safe. She's going to kill herself one of these days and I just hope the kids are far out of her reach when she does.

Marianne Chitter Chatter

She does NOT want the kids. That is not a crime. Leave this poor woman alone and let her get on with her life. She obviously wants to focus on herself right now. She is being punished because she is rich and talented. If she were poor and unknown, she could give her kids to her ex no questions asked.