Brit Was a No Show at Her Depo

1/2/2008 9:23 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Britney Spears' deposition was scheduled today and she didn't show -- again!

If we're counting correctly, this is the fifth time her scheduled deposition in the custody case didn't happen. Last month, Britney claimed she was too ill to sit for her depo, yet TMZ caught her out partying that same night.

Sources say the fact that she didn't show for the depo was a factor in her lawyers' decision to file papers today asking to withdraw as counsel, but it was only one of many reasons. As one connected source put it, "Her whole life has become insane and it's impossible for anyone to get through to her."

anonymous

why are there posts missing here ?? I came back to see if spurs commented on my post like she has on a couple of others talk about an idiot/retard?? How old are you spurs?

V

Why is there always someone that wants to make these things political?

anonymous

Nope ,but x17online.com has pics of her checking out of a hotel with Adnan !!!

Posted at 8:14PM on Jan 2nd 2008 by Team Kevin !!!

hahaha you wish they did

Joanne

I agree with #4. It seems she needs to have a Conservator also (someone who is in charge of her affairs). Isn't it time for her parental rights to be terminated?? If it was "average you or me", that would have happened, already...

Cin

I agree with several comments so far. She needs to lose visitation rights, let alone have any custody. I also agree that she should be institutionalized, especially before she loses all her money and has no help whatsoever. If/when that happens, the taxpayers will be footing her expensive therapy bills - and probably those of her children as well!

Anne

23. somone please tell me what a deposition is, without slamming me? Please?

Posted at 7:42PM on Jan 2nd 2008 by Aleahh

A deposition is testimony under sworn oath,usually in the requesting attorneys' office,but can take place anywhere the two sides agree to.It may be videotaped if both sides acquiesce. Both parties' attorneys are present,although only the requesting attorney may ask questions. The deposed party may confer with his/her attorney,although 'taking the Fifth' is not allowable unless questions involving a criminal matter are asked.A court reporter is present,recording the testimony. State law vary,but in my state a subpoena is issued for a deposition,and not appearing is grounds for contempt of court and subject to an arrest warrant issued. Lying under oath during a depo can be grounds for a perjury charge.

No Fooling

Throw her in jail for contempt of court. Failing that a year long rehab stint.
And while they`re at it, get a court order to get her tubes tied - she should never be allowed to breed again. 'Brat'ney can`t even look after the kids she do have - poor little guys. My heart aches for them it really does.

Anne

30. I don't know whether I believe this or not. If her lawyers really care about her, they would get her medical help. They must not be communicating with her too well. Reputable lawyers work with their clients - they don't ditch them.

A CLIENT must cooperate with their ATTORNEY; a 'reputable' attorney is well within professional conduct guidelines for excusing themselves from representing a client who refuses to follow legal advice.

W T F ?

hahaha you wish they did

Posted at 8:24PM on Jan 2nd 2008 by joe
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Go over and take a look, Joe. It's there. Read it and weep!

Bev

My husband works for the DHHR. Do you know how many women out there have children with NO father involved. (OR watch Maury..You are not the Father!!) Some people have children and they aren't cut out to be parents. They keep their children because it's what socity says they should. Then we see in the paper where they shake the baby until it's brain dead. It's pretty obvious that Brittany doesn't want to take care of these children. Sooooo let's just get off it. What's better ..for her to give them to K-Fed or for her to have custody and neglect them!? As strange as that seems just a couple of years after everyone was downing K-fed. But, thats neither here or there... his ex said he is a good father so let him play the role of single father. WOMEN DO IT ALL THE TIME!!!

Bev

OK BEFORE I GET MYSELF IN TROUBLE... I KNOW THAT MEN DO IT TOO!! I WAS JUST SAYING!!

LT

You know I keep thinking this is a stage in her life and it will pass. Now, I'm not so sure about that. She needs to come back to reality and realize that this is real life!!! I can't believe she would not be thinking about becoming a better person for the new year.....she needs help, I mean like professional HELP!!! For starters, stay home for one freakin day, like out of the public eye!!!!

Ummmhmmm

60. Nope ,but x17online.com has pics of her checking out of a hotel with Adnan !!!

Posted at 8:14PM on Jan 2nd 2008 by Team Kevin !!!

hahaha you wish they did

Posted at 8:24PM on Jan 2nd 2008 by joe
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joe ,go there x17online.com scroll down you'll see it -If your not going to bother and look than dont f*** with me ...

Mama Says

Why isn't this girl in jail??? Anyone else would be cooling their heels in a prison cell for defying the court this way. For that matter, why isn't LiLo in jail after her little stunt this summer? Why does the fact that she ran off n the dead of night to Utah excuse her actions. As long as the LA police tolerate this behavior, it'll keep happening. I'm glad I live in NYC.

Carly

If this was just you or me, we would have been thrown in jail way before this! Because she's a celebrity, she IS getting special treatment, and that's not right! This judge needs to yank her back in and stick her in jail until she deposes....a few nights in jail might be the thing Ms. Crazy Pants needs right now.