There's No Business Like Old Shoe Business

1/2/2008 6:58 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

ShoesA magnanimous collector in Victorville, Calif. is giving away the dream collection of a lifetime: Odor Eaters and corn pads worn by "various celebrities." Impossible you say? According to the ad on craigslist, the owner "no longer has the time to maintain this unique collection." Um, how do you maintain used Odor Eaters?

Although the ad won't reveal to whom these fetid foot treasures once belonged, it does say that they will divulge that info to the person chosen to receive these remarkable and irreplaceable pieces of Hollywood history. If just the idea of owning these shoddy relics isn't enough to get you excited, there's a picture of a small pair of shoes and shroud-of-Turin-ish pads that once lined the feet of a "famous actor of the '50s."

Something about this ad smells funny, and it's not the shoes.

gansfan

Can you get DNA from an odor eater? Someday these could be used to clone Spencer Tracy....

wasted days and wasted nights

Dr. Schol just called; he's got dibs.

mook

something tells me that elvis figures into this somehow

ezra

OMG! Those are totally my shoes! Do I get a cut?

vikki

what a popular story!

Biker 1957

Totally incorrect usage of the word "magnanimous". Morons.

Got A Life

wow, a crappy story with even crappier photoshopping. is anybody there, that's over 14 years old, a real journalist?

cjs

Cagney.. he was only 5'5

cjs

Mickey Rooney, Danny Kaye... oy!! The list goes on and on.. I think they are to small for Gene Kelly but who knows.

Portmanteau

my god he was a cheap bastard..........................you CAN change these every 10 years or so.

Jeanie

Where's the proof that they even belonged to a famous actor of the 50s? If I had them, I'd turn around and sell them on ebay.

Party 'till you die!

6. Totally incorrect usage of the word "magnanimous". Morons.

Posted at 9:17PM on Jan 2nd 2008 by Biker 1957
.............
magnanimous |magˈnanəməs|
adjective
very generous or forgiving, esp. toward a rival or someone less powerful than oneself.
...............

HEY DUMBASS!!! How is that word misused? He's GIVING them away! Some weird footfetisher will probably consider this a GENEROUS gift! Pull your head out of you butt! There is nothing worse than when an IDIOT like you brags about how smart they are and in the process show just how stupid they really are! I just hope you read this!!!

Otherwise, what a lame story!

Party 'till you die!

Pesky small print!!! I guess I need glasses now.

duh

I guess we'll just have to take his word for it as to where these oh so valuable relics came from....

stefano

Hmmm, I don't think they HAD "Odor Eaters" in the 1950s. Those are probably just the inserts that have detached from the interior of the shoe. A "famous actor from the 1950s" is pretty vague. I'll guess Jerry Mathers. Hell, if they send them to me for free I'll take them. I'm planning a rummage sale this spring.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments