Britney's Shortest. Deposition. Ever.

1/3/2008 5:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ was in Century City, Calif. as Brit Brit came -- and went -- from her scheduled deposition today. Why the rush?!

As K-Fed's attorney, Mark Vincent Kaplan explained, the depo was originally scheduled to go from 9:45 to 11:45 AM. It poses a little bit of a problem when the person who is to be deposed shows up almost two hours late! Kaplan says the proceedings started around 11:32 AM and he was able to fire off a few questions before having to end at the scheduled time -- thirteen minutes later. So much for asking deep questions!

So why was the popwreck so tardy? He wouldn't say. But he did say another depo has been scheduled. As for seeking sanctions against her, Kaplan says he hasn't yet decided. But he might, if her behavior caused his client -- K-Fed -- any undue "hardships." Hasn't she already?

Jusst saying

As a landlord I sometimes find myself having to appear in housing court for evictions. If the session begins at nine a.m. I must be there on time even if my case isn't called for several more hours. If I were to be five minutes late I'd be locked out of the courtroom, considered a no-show and my case would be dropped for "want of prosecution" I'm sure this is true for other types of cases, as well, and I have no problem with it because I know what my responsibilities are. I would consider anything to do with child custody a much more serious matter that should require at least the same respect for our judicial system.
I have absolutely no sympathy for this person. She proves everyday that she is not stable or mature enough to be given back custody of those little children. Properly taking care of small children requires much more than just being able to drag yourself out of bed to keep an appointment, and she can't even do that. Seriously, people.........would you leave your children in the care of someone like that!??

Me

Name. Birthdate. Marriage date. Separation date. Confirmation of two kids. Confirmation of kids' birthdates.

Oh my goodness, time's up. Hey, we'll have that dep transcribed right away. It should take roughly five minutes.

Jusst saying

Hell, I wouldn't let her watch my dog!!

LeeAnna

She needs someone like Judge Judy who wouldn't put up with all her crap..........lol

Ayla of no people

104. RE: Ayla of No People - Wow, another rare person to comment that actually has intelligence! I find these blogs highly amusing since it seems that many people that comment are only functioning at a brain stem level! I don't think Brittany has enough money to pay Kevin what it's worth to have had to put up with that crazy lunatic! Since no one has any real defence (it's impossible) for BS, they have to attack him.

Posted at 6:57PM on Jan 3rd 2008 by what a hoot

Thank You for the Compliment. I am not worthy, I've just been around the block in regard to parental issues.

I work at a Residential Treatment Center for Abused, Sexually Abused, Neglected, Abandoned and Dual Diagnoses children.

We've seen and heard every story in the book. Many like the one I told this evening. A pity since the child had been told that the parent was coming......Then, ti's Damage control to the max on our part,as these children are old enough to know the difference, unlike Britneys toddlers.

I can not tell whether Britney has delusions of grandure or is just pathetically stupid. So stupid in fact as to not heed the advice of her attorneys.

That she IS pathetically and pathalogically stupid (not to mention Entitled), is the only thing I can think in this case.

I find it highly unlikely that she is consistently on meth or any other drug. She feels entitled and above the law. She IS Brittney Spears of course!

Britney will come to find out that while young her children will Love her Unconditionally, and they will think their mother did and does no wrong, That is, until they become of an age to understand what really happened.

Later on they will rebell and turn on her for what has happened. I have seen it time and time again.

Best thing for thest boys right now and in the near future is for them to have a stable home with their dad. A dad who seems to be there on a day in and day out basis, (whether he plays video games and smokes dope and cigarettes or not).

He was and is there every day. That is what counts.

He doesn't drive them around town whilly nilly, for no reason, other than to have something to do.

Hey, everyone in "Hollywood" has nannys, why not K-fed? Why are all Britney's fans up in arms about it? Why do they care so much? Why shouldn't she pay for it since it is the life they are accustomed and used to (by law). The "Life", as a matter of fact that SHE brought them into.

Someday when Britney finishes "sowing her wild oats", as have many others.........does Tatum O'Neill rign any bells??? Maybe then she can have more than restricted visits with her children.

Think about that.......

To what a hoot:

I too find these blogs amusing.. I'm just an old woman who has been around the block. At my age (55) I've seen it all. I only view these at night after a horrific day of dealing with damaged lives. And...May I say..For the Most Part, The Mother IS To Blame, even if she does retain custody.

***I also wanted to say to (anon.) ***

Yes the age of consent may be 16 years old....But..that is only if you are with another child of your age. A 16 year old with a 16 year old or a 17 year old.

If you are over the age of "Voting Rights", which is 18, you are subjected to "Statutory Rape" violation. And...If you had been raised in the USA within the past 50 years, you have been taught that 16 year olds are off limits. At least I hope your parents have taught you this...I also hope you, if you have children, have taught them this fact.

Oh well, I just had to get that in.

As always, it is just my honest opionion.

Jusst saying

It doesn't matter what time you schedule her for.......she'd still be late if she showed up at all. The biaaatch is so stupid, she thinks the world revolves around her. God help those two little boys of hers and keep them away from her!!!

Bella

To: Ellen in Utah - Hi - I am in Utah too - South Jordan, Bella

To: A Legal Mind: I work in the legal field - your comment was funny - 5 min. to transcribe her depo. Bella

He's just another Idiot

#103 Bella, Get your facts straight. Britney did graduate from High School. K-Fed just has the 9th grade education - if that.

TheTruthBeToldAnOnlineNameAintWorthFightingOver

Jerry Springer's still on the air, right..?

Kate

HARDSHIPS:

ATTORNEYS FEES - $1500
COURT REPORTER -$300
HEARING TO RESCHEDULE DEPOSITION - $1000
TRAVEL COSTS TO ATTEND DEPOSITION - ?
REDRAFTING, FILING, AND SERVING NEW NOTICE OF DEPOSITION -$1000

ABOUT 3K A POP OR MORE, MAYBE MUCH MORE.

ALL THIS TIMES 4 IS WHAT KEVIN HAS TO PAY OR WHAT BRITNEY SHOULD BE PAYING, SINCE she SUED HIM AND STARTED ALL THIS MESS.

He's just another Idiot

If Kaplan just has one Client, K-Dud, I bet he is sweating bullets that he won't get paid. Gold Diggers are the MOST disgusting people and Kaplan and K-Dud are the worse. These two greedy guys make the Hollywood Wifes, after their husbands money, look like absolute angels.

BOEING 787

Britney Spears disrespected the court, two hours tardy, she should be held in contempt.
I'd sign in to an amicus curiae to sanction her for consistent disregard for the court, any other
defendant would have been sanctioned.

He's just another Idiot

Why do you care what these characters in this Soap Opera do? You must have really boring lives to get caught up in all of this nonsense. Neither Britney or K-Fed seem to have the sense of a peanut so give the kids to Angelina and Brad Pitt.

Spurs

Spurs why are you so bitter? Did somebody dump you? I can see why they would.

Posted at 7:31PM on Jan 3rd 2008 by G.S.

Why would you (and all the other S--tney ass-kissers) assume that I am bitter. Just commenting on peoples comments. If you don't like them, then don't read them. Actually, I have been happily married for 10 years with two wonderful children. I have a sucessful life, and I do quite well for myself and my family. I guess that means that I am not the stereotypical loser that the ass-kissers seem to think that all the S--tney bashers are. Too bad, so sad. Nice try though. Next.

Cindy Lou

Hey number 6.....she didn't stay 45 minutes....She was 45 minutes late and was only questioned for less than 15. I hate this dumb Brittany Bitch.....throw her fat skanky ass in jail.