TMZ Confirms, Lohan Slips on Sobriety

1/3/2008 5:59 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oh no ... this is not good. Cameras caught Lindsay Lohan taking a swig out of a bottle of what we've confirmed is champagne on New Year's Eve in Italy.

Blair Berk, Lindsay's lawyer, told TMZ, "The good news was that Lindsay stopped herself that night, called her sponsor, and got herself immediately back on track. There is no magic cure here. The most unfortunate part of this is that Lindsay has to share her 'one day at a time' with the entire world."
Click to launch!

Ruthi

These kids, and I do mean kids, are way out of control and in a downward spiral........Thanks to Paris for keeping her head down and playing it straight. She paid witht he legal system. Brit and Lindsey must think this is a joke. Too young for babies, too ingorant to have responsibilties. At their age I had a little boy, was divorced, worked two jobs in radio as a dj and salesperson, went to college full-time, and had a 3rd job disc jockeying at a local club. I had to work my tail off!!!! Now, I have been married a long time and have 5 great kids, but it didn't come from partying,it came from growing up when I had to!

Richard

This is not like Hilton or Spears or some other young no talent bimbo. Lindslay HAS TALENT. I am rooting for her so I can see her future work and watch her grow professionally
In the old days the Hollywood stars would never have been exposed like today. She is young. When I was young I had way tooo much fun.

recovering

A swig of champagne can be deadly to an alocholic. To Susan Anderson, stop calling it a slip. It's a relapse and if you are in recovery you know that. You also know that relapse does not have to be part of recovery. You also know that the alcoholic always has the choice not to take that first drink. You also know that for some people hitting bottom is death so sometimes the direction is not up but down.

John

I have about 25 years experience watching my wife die from alcoholism. In the process I have spent plenty of time at AA, AlAnon, and I know how terrible a disease it can be. Relapses are common, even with addicts who will ultimately recover.

Miss Lohan has a dreadful illness she did not ask for. No one sets out to be an addict, and she certainly does not deserve to have her mistake on display for the comments of the world. If I could give her just one gift, it would be anonymity.

Regardless of the reasons she finally got serious about rehab, she deserves congratulations and support for the hard work she has done. It is most unfortunate that she must struggle through her recovery with a world wide audience. She deserves the unflagging support of everyone who knows her.

Vicky

Lindsay does not have to share her "one day at a time" with the world, we'd rather she stay home and out of the public!

Rebecca

I wonder if anyone here has anyone in their family who is alcoholic or drug addicted. Half my family is in AA. REAL PEOPLE slip. And she is still new and young.

BRETT

to #10, she is not ugly.........she is more than gorgeous. she is so very beautifuil. i am very serious about this. she does have her problems, but ugyly she is not.

~cookie~

I AM HAVING SUCH A HARD TIME WITH ALL THIS LINDSEY/BRITTANY CRAP !!!!!!!! IT IS SUCH A SHAME THAT WITH ALL THAT MONEY THEY HAVE WHY CAN THEY NOT BE HELPED ? I THINK ITS BECAUSE THERE IS NOBODY IN THEIR LIFE THAT REALLY CARES...........IT SADDENS ME GREATLY, SOMEONE HELP THESE GIRLS..........

jerome

All you people who stick up for this loser are being played for a sucker. Wise up! Oh yeah. Make sure you spend your hard earned money to go see this babe's next movie. You are an enabler.

karvilla

Okay. I'm thinking that some of you do not know what's happening here. Lindsay is an alcoholic and just got out of rehab. She's been doing very well, so this is a big deal. Only a little drink of Sparkling Wine, if it has alcohol in it, is enough to make the next drink be a whole bottle of Jack Daniels! I'm so happy for her if she truly called her sponsor and got back on the program. So, it's not okay no matter what age she is. It's not okay no matter what lifestyle she chooses (someone said ho). She need support - not judgement.

valeria

lind don`t drink don`t drink!!! is bad!!

nate

Its New Years Eve people. Give her a break

S-DUMONT

All of these poor rich girls cant do anything no matter how big or how small without the world having there two cents about it. If people did'nt love to judge them so much or be in there faces all the time then maybe they would'nt have to look for a quite place to go and hide.Which does'nt exist so they are desprate to try anything!!! It would be nice to be rich but it would be so hard to grow up rich and famous .You would not have a life of your own,the world only really intrested when you mess up, and tons of fake people in your face all the time pretending to be your friend!!So lay off of them !! TRY TO REMEMBER THAT THEY ARE HUMAN AND EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KFed

Britney, take your two kids and escape across the border to Mexico.
You can drive to Tijuana from LA in 90 minutes. Go For It Girl.

dream

I'ts so funny how all of us who live in glasses can't wait to throw stones.....Tell me ...... Nothing in your life can be improved?? Ohhhh so your perfect?? Seems to me that the people who are most critical are the people needing the most help in their lives..... Go figure!! Nice to point the finger and take all attention off your self.
Lindsay along with others need to have their privacy. Things happen to the best of us. Such young girls-Such big lime light... Think about it.........It would be tough for any one of us to handle. Give em a break!
Lindsay....... It 's all good. Your doing great and will continue to to great!! One step at a time!! I'm gona be your personal on line cheer leader girl!! Yay!! Boo Ya!!!!