TMZ Confirms, Lohan Slips on Sobriety

1/3/2008 5:59 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oh no ... this is not good. Cameras caught Lindsay Lohan taking a swig out of a bottle of what we've confirmed is champagne on New Year's Eve in Italy.

Blair Berk, Lindsay's lawyer, told TMZ, "The good news was that Lindsay stopped herself that night, called her sponsor, and got herself immediately back on track. There is no magic cure here. The most unfortunate part of this is that Lindsay has to share her 'one day at a time' with the entire world."
Click to launch!

DAVE

lohan is find by me.get a life.

Tiglath Pileser III

I dont know why anyone would consider this newsworthy. A story about an Irish drunkard is about as shocking and interesting as one about a Gypsy fortuneteller, a Jewish embezzler or a black mugger. Surely there must be more important and interesting things to talk about.

J

This two handed blottle-o slugging act looks vulgar; it's her proclivity for public repetition that is the cry of one severely addicted to behavior that says, "hey- see me, i'm movie starlet that can't behave myself. i'm a baaaaad girl with a baaaaaad problem." The bigger problem being ways down the road when she isn't a movie starlet and looking rode hard, put away wet, and no where and no one to turn to. Sad, Sad, Sad- and too often the price paid for early stardom. She could fade into normalcy, but she would most likely find that too borning, right Rest of the World?

skierman

Who cares if she took a drink. Aren't there more important things going on in the world.

Dapylil

As people in substance/alcohol programs say, "One drink is too many and a thousand is not enough." Those of you that take this "slip" lightly simply do not understand the disease of alcoholism and other addictions. It is tragic that the press covers this girl and her tragic life.

dadotster

Once a person says "I'm an alcoholic..." and attends meetings , chances are very good that the person is an alcoholic and taking a drink equals a "Serious Lapse in Program." Back to Step 1...and Day 1. I hope she "gets" it,..because the alcohol will surely GET her.

Tom San Diego

Uno Mas: Lindsay/Brittany: Who cares about those 2 brainless bimbos?

theDude

maybe she was drinking liquid acid or ghb...for shame assuming that is alcohol!

Larry

#1 mantra of AA, stay away from wet faces and wet places. what do these therapists say in order to charge big $$$$ ? if your going to take a drink, you call your sponsor first, not after. if i where her sponsor i'd quit.

jaime

Sending you well wishes Lindsey. You are young, beautiful, and prone to slipping like every other 21 year old on this planet. You are fortunate enough to recognize the nature of the beast at your age. some people get into treatment much later in life. You will overcome it soon enough with the love and support of people who genuinely care about you. Life is beautiful, don't miss out on it! Best of luck darlin!

Andy

Who cares!! Trailer Park trash just like Brit.. An All American Family, right!! Isn't there something better to talk about??

Pasquale Aiello

There is no legal drinking age here in Italy, but then again we dont have as much of a problem as you have there with alchool.
Having a little wine with dinner is something you learn at a young age,

George William Gockel

I will suggest that Lindsay Lohan will go back to rehab.

L

oh my f'n GOD---one f'n sip and it's all over the news and web. PLEASE. the girl is doing great, and IT WAS NEW YEARS EVE...it's not like she was nursing the bottle and taking shots!!!!!

besides, i don't think it's healthy for a recovering addict to cold turkey anything. it only makes the object of addiction that much more desirable. i see absolutely nothing wrong with her taking a sip of champagne and having a great time on the dancefloor ....

VIVA LINDSAY DEE

Alcoholics should take geography

To way back at #48 (I've been busy enjoying my delicious, delicious Manhattan's, bourbon, and wine since Christmas- so relaxing!). Anyway, in my very enjoyable drunken euphoria, I realized Africa is in fact a continent and not a country. So maybe you were suggesting celebrities buy a continent? In which case I would go for Asia- great cheap t-shirts. If you meant country I would say Ireland, they make this tasty, peaty scotch I'm currently sampling. Did I mention how nice it is to drink and know what a continent is? Only in America.