R. Kelly to Ne-Yo

Don't Pee on My Parade!

1/3/2008 10:32 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Fast-rising R&B star Ne-Yo is just so sick that R. Kelly tossed him from his tour, he's suing Kelly's promoter, alleging that they kicked him off the tour because he was getting more love from the fans than the main attraction. Yo ho!

Ne-Yo
In the lawsuit, filed in L.A. Superior Court against Rowe Entertainment of Atlanta, Ne-Yo (real name: Shaffer Smith) alleges that an "unknown representative of R. Kelly urged Rowe to terminate" him because of the "audience's and critics' more favorable reaction to Smith than the reaction to R. Kelly."

When Ne-Yo was dropped from the tour just before Thanksgiving, "contractual differences" were cited. Real crazy talk! Ne-Yo, who was set to make $785,000 for 25 dates, says he's only been paid $50K of that, and he's suing for that and for other compensatory damages.

Reps for Rowe didn't return a request for comment.

UPDATE: R. Kelly's spokesman, Allan Mayer, said, "The idea that R. Kelly had anything to do with Ne-Yo being dropped from the Double Up tour is just plain silly. As we said at the time, Ne-Yo was dropped because of a contractual dispute with the tour promoter, and in fact Ne-Yo is not suing Kelly but only the promoter. Ne-Yo may think blaming the situation on R. Kelly will improve his chances of collecting from the promoter, but if he does, he is sadly mistaken. Anyone remotely familiar with R. Kelly knows heis confident enough in his own abilities to be happy to share the stage with enormously talented people -- the more talented, the better."

jollyex

R Kelley is a freak. Why doesn't he just go away?

my

LOSERS!!!!

Lenn K.

Hasn't R-Kelly been charged with having sex with underaged girls yet? What's taken soooo long?

Party 'till you die!

R. Kelly: liar, cheat, freak, child molester, and probably soon, inmate!

TMZ will take it down soon, since I reported them, but I wish I could somehow send 10,000 volts surging thru the keyboard of spammers/phishers!

roughdaddy

besides giving underage girls golden showers!!! does this R kelly get along with anyone?

2 1/2 Volts

R Kelly pissed all over Ne-Yo, and kicked him off the tour bus!

egriffin

I wouldn't sweat it if I was Ne-Yo! Truth be told, R. Kelly isn't what he was even if you take his sexual molestation charges out of the equation.

kate

Ne-YO dont worry, everybody loves you and good for you for getting dropped from his stank ass tor. you should have somebody open for you

Tracee

I tend to believe Ne-Yo. Everybody has problems with R. Kelly whic h really damages his credibility in my book. I've never heard anybody complaining about Ne-Yo.

Plobes

I wanna piss on you

Lana

I saw R Kelly in Long Island in November and his concert SUCKED!! There was no show..just him standing there with the mic. I had been to his concert years before at the Garden and he was fabulous. He def kicked Ne-yo out for upstaging him which isn't hard to do- he BITES!

Corri

same thing happened to JayZ ...R Kelly was "scared" someone was after him and ended up running off stage..R Kelly is def over rated!

daniel

i don't think kels have anything to do with this so ne-yo or what ever u call ur sels go sort ur self out some were else.