Britney Is Wheeled Out on a Gurney!!

1/4/2008 11:29 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ is there as Britney Spears was just wheeled out of her home on a gurney by paramedics. Look at that shot of her inside the ambulance -- she's smiling!

Once in the ambulance, paramedics can be seen trying to strap her legs down before taking off.

Britney Spears: Click to watchWe're told Britney is being taken to a local hospital on a "medical hold" -- essentially a mental evaluation. Cops found her earlier this evening at her home under the influence of an "unknown substance."

Cops were called to the popnightmare's home in Beverly Hills this evening, after she reportedly refused to return custody of her two kids to their father's bodyguard. Oh, the insanity of it all!

UPDATE: Britney has arrived at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. We're told as she was brought out of the ambulance, she flipped off the waiting paparazzi. Oh my God. That Britney's shameless!

COMMENTS

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

sunnydunes

I think it is a crying shame that the paparazzi and the media have blown Britnesy's life all to hell...she needs help but stop with the pictures and the emotionally charged scandal about her kids being taken from her and her messed up life ..if she wasn't rich and famous...she would be like any other women struggling to keep her kids...LEAVE THIS WOMAN ALONE!!!...she'not asking for OUR help...she can get it on her own if she wants it!!! Just pray she'll make bettere choices in the future...

Erica

Hahaha.... Rocknrhonda
TOTALLY AGREE!
WHITE TRASH... AT ITS BEST.

Trisha

Has anyone been praying for this girl? She does come from a state that is full of VooDoo.
Very concerned.

mommamia

He (or she) who is without sin (or dumb mistakes, juvenile-thinking, not planning ahead, partying too hard and too often, doing crazy things, etc.) throw the first stone. Forgiving and trying to understand go way farther than condemning and finding fault in everything she does. Should she have had kids? I don't think she was grown up enough herself to have children. A lot of young women think that it would be "fun" to have someone to love and cuddle. They don't see the big picture when it comes to taking care of a child. A child is not someone who you can put back up on the shelf when you're tired of playing "Mommy."

Add that to the "fishbowl" existence she lives in because of her job and celebrity status. That's a lot to put on a young person. Judging her gets us nowhere, and it brings our souls down. Maybe it would be better to take that anger and jealousy and spitefullness and put it to a better cause like teaching a class to pregnant young women, being part of an on-call "support system" when young women are at home with their new babies can pick up the phone and ask questions about ANYTHING. As a mother of twins at 35 (my first children), I often did not have a CLUE as to what to do in certain situations. There was SO much stress because I wanted to make sure that I was taking care of my children okay. It wasn't until I joined a church women's group that I finally had opportunities to get together with other mom's who were experiencing the same things I was. I remember making the mistake of keeping my kids on formula for too long simply because nobody told me when to start putting them on solids (their M.D. didn't even tell me). We can never ASSUME that women know exactly what to do when they have their first children. It is the hardest job. When the baby is tiny, it's an hour by hour (and sometimes minute-by-minute) focus on making sure your child is thriving and healthy. You keep giving and giving and giving even when you feel that you're going to collapse from exhaustion. That's where we as friends, neighbors and family can step in. "Hi, so-and-so! I was thinking about you this morning and wondered if I could come over for a few hours today and take care of the baby so you can get a nap?" You could even provide a meal for the family, come and do some housework, do the laundry, whatever. You will have left such a sweet part of yourself with that new mom, and I guarantee you that she will never forget your service and selflessness. Let's all help each other instead of hurting each other. It feels a lot better to help.

Bre

It's sad that this is what her life has come to. I really hope she turns herself around, for her sake as well as her boys' sake. And I'll saw one more thing - you could nbt pay me with all the money in the world to be famous.

cher115

THIS GIRL HAS MADE A MESS OUT OF HER LIFE AND CAUSED UNTOLD PROBLEMS FOR HER CHILDREN. JUST BECAUSE SHE WAS TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL DOESN'T NECESSARILY MEAN THEY WILL KEEP HER AND IF THEY DO, IT ALSO DOESN'T MEAN SHE'LL GET THE KIND OF HELP SHE REALLY NEEDS. SHE HAS THE MEANS TO GET HERSELF OUT OF THE HOSPITAL. ONE HAS TO WONDER WHAT KIND OF A HOUSEHOLD SHE GREW UP IN. THE YOUNG POP STARS NEED TO HAVE SOMEONE LOOKING OUT FOR THEM THAT ISN'T RELATED AND ISN'T OUT TO ROB THEM. THEY ALSO NEED SOME GOOD OLD FASHIONED SCHOOLING. SUCH AS CLASS IN INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS, SOCIAL SKILLS AND MONEY MATTERS. I THINK THE BIGGEST LESSON THEY NEED TO LEARN AND DOES A MAJORITY OF THE TEEN POPULATION, IS THAT THE WORLD DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND THEM AND EVERYTHING ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT THEM. WE JUST AREN'T DOING OUR KIDS ANY FAVORS BY LETTING THE THINK THIS WAY AND BY LETTING THEM GETTING AWAY WITH NO CONSEQUENCES TO THEIR BAD BEHAVIORS.

tastee luv it

To the person that called Britney a loser, because your angry and bitter that you have to work hard for a living all people like you in life I cant stand.....heartless!!!! If anyone is a loser you are. Kudos to you that you work hard and so you say good at it, Your just a hater and jealous of Brit because she has money,get over it she earned hers maybe not in the same way you do but but the success this girl has had hardly defines her as a loser. People like you that are heartless and cold and get off on others misfortunes , Trust me God will make damn sure you continue to work your ass off and in the end have nothing, when you dont have a heart for other people

Darius Fontaine

I pray that our heavenly Father will provide devine intervention and guide her once again with mental clarity. Obviously the mortals in her life don't have the love and understanding it takes for this kind of challenge. At least in the hospital she will have some kind of shelter from the media and their relentless hunger for sensationalizing her every move.

MISS C

Looks like she is high on some type of speed. Those eyes are ready to pop out of her empty little head.

Hounddog

This poor girl needs help, she don't know it.Its a shame her friends did'nt step forward and help.Do somthing is better than nothing.All all the tests the hosp will give her,the results will be in soon enought.

joann

It is all that butt faced Federlines fault this has happened Talk about a LOSER Why in the hell would a judge give kids to a man who has 2 other kids that I'm sure he is using Brittany's money to support He should be in jail his own damn self!

Infamous El Guapo

This is a good thing. Britney finally might get the help she needs. Sometimes you have to be forced to get the help you need.

lisamarie

everyone goes through stuff like this. they're only making it a bigger deal because shes famous. and i would do he same exact thing if i was in her position. nobody wants their children taken from them. i would go crazy. people need to stop with all of this non-sense. nobody is a perfect parent. she can raise their children however she wants. i love britney. LEAVE HER ALONE! :]

OhMyGoddess

The problem with this girl (and her sister) is THE MOTHER! If parents would stop trying to be their children's friend and stay out of the clubs and cease trying to live through their children, this kind of behavior would not be so pervasive. Lynn Spears wanted to be in the limelight and shop and "lunch with the ladies" instead of taking time with her children. It's alright for kids to be in the performing arts but parents must make the welfare of the child more important than the lure of a red carpet. If my child was in the kind of distress that Britney Spears is exhibiting, I would have gone to a courthouse, have her adjudicated as incompetent, and taken over her care and that of her children. Then I would have hired accountants and attorneys to protect her assets and work with K-Fed as to how he and I can best handle the babies. He may be a fake-me-out-thug, but no one can say that he has harmed any of his many babies. Even if his goal had been to be a male gold digger, when it came time to step up for the sake of those babies, he did it. Britney was still partying, drugging, drinking, and acting a fool. She was the last person in charge of the DNA which created those babies and, if she wasn't ready to stay home and be a mother, she was the one in control. And Lynn Spears should have made sure that Britney did not have that first baby much less the second. Perhaps, then, the younger sister would not be in the trouble she is iin now. She would have been able to see first hand the kind of woman and mother that Lynn was and, therefore, not have followed the same path as her older sister. But, unfortunately, the apples have not fallen far from the tree............

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16