Britney Wheeled Out on a Gurney!!

1/4/2008 12:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

OMG THE DRAMA! TMZ is there as Britney Spears was just wheeled out of her home on a gurney by paramedics. Look at that shot of her inside the ambulance -- she's frickin' smiling! Why God, why?!?

Once in the ambulance, paramedics can be seen trying to strap her legs down before taking off.

Britney Spears: Click to watchWe're told Britney is being taken to a local hospital on a "medical hold" -- essentially a mental evaluation. Cops found her earlier this evening at her home under the influence of an "unknown substance."

Cops were called to the popnightmare's home in Beverly Hills this evening, after she reportedly refused to return custody of her two kids to their father's bodyguard. Oh, the insanity of it all!

UPDATE: Britney has arrived at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. We're told as she was brought out of the ambulance, she flipped off the waiting paparazzi. Oh my God. That Britney's shameless!

Keep refreshing for updates!

richie035

the nuthouse has a private room ready for britney...1 room,padded...pink,and white..and it's cozy...my god..please take it and go away.

DJ Andy Dreyer

People and the Meia should Just leave her alone. Let her get the help she so deseratley needs!!!

Heather

Lyndsey, in one breath she asks them to stop, but in the next she's asking them to get in her car, drive around with her, taking them to hotels, saying she loves them, etc.
I agree, they should NOT be blocking the ambulance. However, she could have chosen a lifestyle that did not invite the paparazzi to her doorstep 24/7. There are people much more famous than her that do not get that kind of attention. They don't even hound Lohan or Hilton like this and they screw up daily, as well. She has formed a relationship with them and ALLOWED them to become this intrusive. She relies on them and changes outfits so they can get more money shots.

rhoni

only GOD can judge her, just pray for her.

Grunge Goddess

I'm not a big fan of Britney's music, but I think the media and you all should just leave her alone. She's just living her life, the fame and music she does is just for the money, she's just a regular person like you and me. How would you feel if your entire life was recorded and photographed?

Lauren Hilton

i totally agree with #593s comment..shame on us for buying those useless magazines...they are trash magazines. I buy them simply for,yes, Paris Hilton...yeah shake your heads and say "wow, you like that bitch?" but seriously theres going to be coverage on shows after shows but all we can do is say "shame on you!" but can they hear us? no. Everyone has to sit back and watch Britney get worse and worse and what do you see on those mags and shows? BRITNEYS LATEST MELTDOWN! or THIS JUST IN! BRITNEYS A F$%@ UP! we cant do a damn thing and so who is clearly to blame? everyone and don't take your share of cred TMZ. I enjoy this site but when it comes to making fun of people....brits not the shameless one.

VIVA LA BRITNEY! YA'LL [yup,had to do it...for britney...]

dmx

I don't want to see the same thing happen to Jamie Lynn but with the mother she and Brit have, it very well might happen one day. Lynne Spears is the narcissist, totally and madly in love with herself, and totally greedy. Look how she sold out Jamie Lynn for a million dollars to that magazine! There are many factors that contributed to Britney's breakdown but the major factor is her mother. Many of you don't want to admit that, though I don't know why, or you are too dense to see it, but family members have said it, and people living in and near Kentwood have seen it. What I want to see is for the same thing to happen Lynne Spears.

Brett Tracy

I am absolutely appalled at how the media is playing right into KFED"s plan.... more money- no Brittany. If this girl had a mother who acted like one- she would have been at a doctor's office after giving birth and likely would have been diagnosed with terrible post partum syndrome..... her thyroid is obviously totally out of wack as well... she obviously began to self- medicate to get rid of the emotional pain and quickly became addicted and out of control. This is a young woman who deserves the best medical care money can by... Instead there have been sycophant friends, doctors, lawyers, drug dealers etc totally taking advantage of the situation. I am the mother of a young woman who recently went thru 2 years of rehab- the cost was/ is extraordinary. She is now devoting her life to helping others. Just because Brittany is rich and successful does not mean that she does not deserve our sympathy, prayers and top medical care. A loving supportive mother would be a great help- but she is too busy peddling stories re her 16 year old!

She needs a top psychologist, a top pharmacologist and total commiyment to AA..Being the mother of an LA westside rich kid who truly has been saved with the right doctors and the right programs and eventually her own strength to save herself- I know the right people and the wrong people... If anyone who cares about Brittany reads this- check into Holly Hein- the best psychologist. She is located in Santa Monica and has a star-filled practice. She saved my daughter's life!

dmx

Lynne Spears made a statement to the press via phone, a short statement, but she didn't make it from the hospital where her daughter is. It's time everybody sees that greedy, heartless, selfish woman for what she is -- a terrible mother and a poor excuse for a human being. She's a nothing -- she's getting old and fat, her looks are going to hell fast, and all she has left is money she makes off exploiting her daughter(s).

dmx

and by Monday morning, she'll probably be released from the hospital and her breakdown blamed on alcohol or something, and she won't get the real help she needs. shame on the american judicial system that will allow her to be released without getting help. shame on her nasty ass mother, and shame on anybody who can't feel some compassion for Brit now even ifyou hated her before.

Heather

Any proof Federline cheated? I'm not sure I've even heard that story - and you KNOW it would have been in the media.
Federline's plan? Are you kidding? You think he has THAT much power and forethought?? I'm really sure he wanted his children subjected to what happened last night. Even the mother of his other children - the woman that he DID screw over - supports him.
"Obviously" has a thyroid condition? When did you give her a medical exam?

Seriously folks, why can't anyone just accept that maybe there is no one to blame? If she has a medical and/or psychiatric condition. Ok, then she needs to get help. But you can't place the blame for a medical or psych condition on her ex-husband. She was the one who left him, remember? And wasn't she also the one who has cheated on past boyfriends? Stop trying to pin the blame on someone else and take it for what it is.

2drk2fck

I hope she gets some medical help and then gets her kids back, she was a child not so long ago and seemed like a really sweet girl and so talented. I think shes having a breakdown due to the stress from that loser ex, the constant spotlight and the drugs that make it all go away. I feel for her but must seem surreal 24/7. K fed is a partying, lucky SOB, he needs to step up, back off with the lawyers and help her, then hopefully this too shall pass.

Sexymommyoffour13

AND WHERE IS JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE? DOESN'T EVERYONE REALIZE HE COULD HELP A LOT??

Lauren Hilton

that,andy, was a bit of self-promotion...but i agree,again!, i was around....8? when she came out with that AMAZING video and i thought that i wanted to be just like her..i dressed like her..tried to sing my lungs out and danced like her..She was so amazing and was an awesome role model for me. Im 17 now and i still respect her and think she deserves another chance. F--- Kevin and F--- Lynne! theyve screwed her big time. They both should be ashamed but im done with commenting..ive said my 2 cents or whatever that saying is.

Pite

This poor woman is lucky she is being taken to the hospital in time to get help. I lost my daughter to suicide because she did not get to the hospital. If she had, she would still be with us. I am a broken woman, and I feel very bad for this celebrity. Hopefully she will make a full recovery. Mental illness, I am sure, kills more people than breast cancer, for instance, only breast cancer is fashionable to have ... mental illness still bears a stigma. It needs to be recognized as an illness like any other, and brought out into the open, so many more people can be saved.

Previous 15 Comments | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments