Britney Wheeled Out on a Gurney!!

1/4/2008 12:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

OMG THE DRAMA! TMZ is there as Britney Spears was just wheeled out of her home on a gurney by paramedics. Look at that shot of her inside the ambulance -- she's frickin' smiling! Why God, why?!?

Once in the ambulance, paramedics can be seen trying to strap her legs down before taking off.

Britney Spears: Click to watchWe're told Britney is being taken to a local hospital on a "medical hold" -- essentially a mental evaluation. Cops found her earlier this evening at her home under the influence of an "unknown substance."

Cops were called to the popnightmare's home in Beverly Hills this evening, after she reportedly refused to return custody of her two kids to their father's bodyguard. Oh, the insanity of it all!

UPDATE: Britney has arrived at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. We're told as she was brought out of the ambulance, she flipped off the waiting paparazzi. Oh my God. That Britney's shameless!

Keep refreshing for updates!

Nuts4NikkiSixx

She needs SERIOUS help.

dmx

Brett Tracy, Britney needs a psychiatrist, not a psychologist.

Lauren Hilton

ugh...i wanted to stop COMMENTING! but listen, sure there isnt anyone to blame but isnt that what makes US feel better? that amazing woman is so messed up because of SOMETHING...we dont know whats going on in that head of hers but someone has too........who can we think of that can help her???? i want my old britney back damn it! ]:

The media is the one's that's making her go crazy.. Brittney is not a good singer or dancer she copied all her dance move from Janet Jackson what is she going to do now since Janet Retired? Brittney is not worth all this attention.. and the public see it too. you people act like she Prince Diana !! Brittney has a star on the walk of fame, what in the hell for, they give those star's to anyone these days.

michelle

By looking at the pics of Britney in the ambulance you can see she is in serious trouble. The media should have seen the warning sign a long time ago and maybe this would not have happened. I really feel sorry for her and I hope she gets the help she needs. Her kids are probably freaked out all the time because of the cameras constantly being flashed in their faces, so why doesn't everybody leave them alone and let them get the help they need IN PRIVATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barbara

I hope she gets well and the obvious care that she needs...., BUT, there are two young children who come FIRST. She is obviously CRAZY and should not be around her children or any young person!. She had to be completly out of her mind , stoned or just had a complete break down to cause such a rucas and have police called into her home! This is a WOMAN who lives her life under a microscope, (by her own doing may I add) and over the past few days has not been the front page of TMZ or any PAPZ site. She is going through withdrawal just from that! I feel she has been used to getting her own way, I hope young girls and her 16 year old sister, who look up to her see that having children does not make life right,! Children are not stuffed animals that you can cuddle when things are not going your way, they require love and a stable home life and all the money in the world can't buy this!

Richieboy

I cried when I saw all of this! This is unbelievable!!!

Lauren Hilton

okay, lets stop speculating and shut up.haha im just kidding but no, these are the questions i want some of you to consider:
1) are we britney?
2) can we diagnose her even though we dont see what REALLY goes on in the spears' household?
3) is Jamie-lynn going to end up this way? [thanks to whoever brought that up!]
4) Can we REALLY answer for brit?
5) Who are we to try and save her? what are our roles as people commenting on TMZ? are we going to suddenly get praised by anyone for our support?
6) Do we REALLY know Britney as a person?

there..thats a lot of questions but seriously take some into consideration. All we're doing is Speculating.
We're being like those paps who speculate all the damn time. Let's call it a night and see if theres any reasonable information we get flooded with later..yeah?

Heather

I'm not so sure what made her so "amazing" in the first place. Whether she was amazing or not, blaming other people enables her behavior and gives it an excuse to continue.
It makes me sad that people who were 8, 9, even 15 years old were ever using her as a role model in the first place. She was selling sex appeal at 16 and if I ever have daughters, that's certainly not the type of person that I want them to look up to.
I agree mental illness has a horrible stigma attached to it and I hope that it is one day rectified. If she is TRULY mentally ill, then I hope she gets the help she needs. We, the public at this point, have no idea what is wrong with her. We can speculate all day long, but we don't know. I see mental illness every day in both my profession and with two people that I love dearly. Since I don't know what her drug use is or isn't, I can't say she's mentally ill. Does she have issues? YES. Does she have a DSM-IV diagnosible disorder? That's yet to be seen for sure. I have compassion, but I'm also a realist and I'm definitely not an enabler.

Lauren Hilton

i idolized her for her beauty and talent...i was 8[what mind does an 8 year old have?] and now, im 17..VERY BIG DIFFERENCE. I dont look up to her now..i prefer other people who arent going crazy but im concerned and i think i got a right to be so. I think i speak for others who are around my age and i dont think its a problem to have idolized her..she was fresh and exciting.

joe richards

DUMB white trash , never could handle fame !! compleat idiot ! I love seeing these people self destruct !!!

Armani

I love Britney, and I really hope she gets her life back together. I really don`t wanna anything bad to happen to her and her family xoxoxo

Denise76

This train wreck needs to be put away for a LONG time and get some help! Her kids deserve so much more. They need to give her a shot of depo before she spreads em again and gets preggers in rehab! Good God Britt! Show some class.

WhiteFox

Nice one thanks the for the good info!!!!!!!

LH

Professional treatment at last! There is a GOD afterall!! Kudos to the police officers and everyone else who finally put her in her place. You have saved her life!

Previous 15 Comments | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments