Britney Wheeled Out on a Gurney!!

1/4/2008 12:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

OMG THE DRAMA! TMZ is there as Britney Spears was just wheeled out of her home on a gurney by paramedics. Look at that shot of her inside the ambulance -- she's frickin' smiling! Why God, why?!?

Once in the ambulance, paramedics can be seen trying to strap her legs down before taking off.

Britney Spears: Click to watchWe're told Britney is being taken to a local hospital on a "medical hold" -- essentially a mental evaluation. Cops found her earlier this evening at her home under the influence of an "unknown substance."

Cops were called to the popnightmare's home in Beverly Hills this evening, after she reportedly refused to return custody of her two kids to their father's bodyguard. Oh, the insanity of it all!

UPDATE: Britney has arrived at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. We're told as she was brought out of the ambulance, she flipped off the waiting paparazzi. Oh my God. That Britney's shameless!

Keep refreshing for updates!

Johnny Crockett

Wow, I hope Britneys alright. But about that mental evaluation, it about time.lol But mabey this is good for brit because mabey she will get her life on track.

LA Guy

UNBELIEVABLE!! The ambulance stopped in the middle of the street for a while, paps swarmed the ambulance while police pushed them away. Then the it turned around .... not sure where it is going now.

Randy Kreis

I heard that the reason it took four hours for this drama to unfold was because Mama Spears was trying to negotiate another deal with OK magazine to be the first to publish pics of Britney in a mental ward ;)

Jill

Another dumb hillbilly drug addict, like Elvis. WHO CARES? Just as long as she is not able to hurt and torture her kids anymore with her self destructive behavior.

tas

I'm SO SORRY YOUR IN SO MUCH PAIN. Pain sucks................
I will PRAY for you to heal and be the MOM you know you can be!
BlESS YOUR HEART AND SOUL! Give your problems to the LORD.

MacGuffin

Not Cedar's. UCLA Medical Center.

me

My heart goes out to those poor kids. How sad for them- they are so young and don't understand any of this. Someone has got to step up and KEEP HER AWAY FROM THEM until she gets the help she needs!!!! Sure she may want to see her kids, but she is tramatizing them at every turn!

fatboy

Marcos probably goes to sausage eating contests where there is no chewing involved...

Heather

SO many comments to make.....

1 - #19, do you have any proof that she NEVER did drugs before Federline? I didn't think so. It's too easy to make him the scapegoat for her problems. She didn't flip out until AFTER he was gone. I've never really cared one way or the other for him, but he seems to the "hero" in this family (Thanks, Dr. Phil) and the only one who has the best interest of those children at heart.

2 - The privacy issue resonated with me, as well, as the paps were running and taking pictures INSIDE the ambulance.

3 - MD, you can't really make a diagnosis without a true person to person evaluation. There could be a million other things going on here that none of us are privy to. I'm a psychological professional, as well, and while I could speculate all day about what is wrong with her, I would never go as far as to say what I am certain I would diagnose her with. Do we really know if this is a result of drug use, a chemical psychiatric issue or a mixture of both?

4 - For those who are "crying". Seriously?? It's a spoiled pop star has been who has put her children in danger. No, I don't wish any harm to her and I hope she gets the helps she needs, but a lot of this was brought upon herself. You don't even know her except for the image on TV, the Internet and magazines. Focus more on the people in your real life.

Fred

Only her choice where she goes from here. Many people are far worse off than her with far less resources to fall back on. I feel sorry for the penniless homeless mentally ill people out there freezing in this 10 degree night on the east coast, not some multi-millionaire spoiled brat with no respect for authority and no desire to help herself lounging in a multi-million dollar Beverly Hills mansion. She has all the resources in the world and yet she steadfastly refuses to seek proper help or care. I'll let the bleeding hearts feel sorry for her. I'll save my pity for the truly deserving.

KT

So much for Brit-Brit's New Year's resolutions...

whosyermon

How about once she gets out this time that you guys back off and not do stupid crap crowding her car everytime she tries to park her car or stick you foot under her wheels so you can get more pictures. The girl is sick leave her alone for a bit... if after she's better and she seeks the limelight then okay be your Papanazi selves.

But we get it... and we wonder when those at TMZ will get it.

What's your best guess??

spearsisawhore

GIVE THE STUPID BITCH A LOBOTOMY AND LOCK HER UP... HER OWN LAWYERS CANT EVEN DEAL WITH HER

Melanie

How sad!!

tara

She screamed...grab me my pink wing and take off these skanky underwear....I need a great photo opp Ya'll