K-Fed's Lawyer Headed to Court

1/4/2008 12:31 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned K-Fed's lawyer, Mark Vincent Kaplan, will scurry to court this morning at 8:30 AM and ask the Commissioner to strip Brit of her visitation rights -- at least for now. We're told there may not be much of an argument and it's almost certain the Commish will see Kaplan's point. Attorney Tara Scott from the law firm of Trope and Trope will represent Brit -- awkward, since the firm has asked to withdraw as counsel.

As we reported, Britney is at Cedars-Sinai on a "5150 hold," meaning there's evidence she's a danger to herself or others -- others as in her kids.

Here's what's interesting. We've been reporting for several months now that Britney doesn't have a drug or alcohol problem -- that her instability is mental, not chemical. Well placed sources tell us what happened last night is not rooted in drugs, and that of late, her mental state has deteriorated to the point that what happened at her home was not unexpected.

Stay tuned
...

AlwaysHungry

Whether it is mental or chemical she still needs to get those kids away from her until she gets it together. Children can be harmed due to mental problems just like chemical ones and unless she seeks the help she needs she is a danger to the children

jollyex

You know, as much as I love to watch the crazy-train wreck, and as much as I love to watch people topple from their thrones, it's really truely a sad and disturbing thing that is happening to Brit and her kids. I blame K-Fled for the start of the decline, but it was bound to happen soone or later. Can you imagine living her life? Judge not....yeah, yeah, yeah.

W T F ?

This is all so sweeeeet! You finally got what you wanted but would never admit to, Twitney! HELP!

lissabell

Does anyone else have a problem with the last sentance??? "Well placed sources tell us what happened last night is not rooted in drugs, and that of late, her mental state has deteriorated to the point that what happened at her home was not unexpected." HELLOOOO...if this is true then why did they sources allow her to have her kids, why did they not speak up earlier and why the hell was she not watched more closely if this was true???? Its not even these sources its the commissioner and judges and sponsers (not sure of the write word but Gucci, Chanel, all the brands she wears for free) that have allowed her to do this to. No one dared tell Brit Brit what to do and no one dared make her pay any consequences. But back to these well known sources...where they waiting for her to drop dead?? This truly makes me believe that she was on drugs. If the last sentance is true then these sources should also be held accountable as they did not come forward and put her children and herself in danger.

FireEmAll

maybe she's just suffering from that epidemic out in Hollywood called "narcissism". Just make sure those kids are ok,she's a grown woman and knows how to drive (obviously) to a doc's office.

Ashley Segars

TMZ....Well congrats!!! I think with your help Brittany has finally lost it. How great you must feel after shoving cameras in her face, chasing her down the street, not allowing her to pass by without having to practically push you out of the way. Wow, I wish I could lay down at night and think about how successful of a day I had badmouthing another person and acting like a madman trying to catch the money shot. Maybe, with some luck, she'll end up killing herself. Boy, bet you guys are drooling over the thought of getting a pic of that. Continue the great job TMZ....driving celebrities insane. Shame on you.

babs

yeah, it called a breakdown. So glad you guys were outside (as usual) to get the shots to post around thew world. We all know this woman needs serious help. If she kills herself it will be TMZ, Perez Hilton, and x17 to thank. Keep those shots coming guys - bet you cant wait for the funeral.

Meg

Anyone ever hear of Medea (Greek tragedy)? She killed her kids because her husband left her for someone else and she didn't want him to get near them or take them with him in his new life...
Yea. It's sick. It's sad. Some people are twisted. Hopefully now the kids'll be safe, and she'll get some much needed mental help.

AlwaysHungry

Meg, we don't know if her mother is coming or not. We can't assume that she isn't. Most likely her dad will get the information and they will go from there. Since we don't know what sets her off (which seems to change day to day) the best thing is probably for everyone to follow the professional recommendation whatever that may be

Logan

If she's not on drugs, then why was she running around with prescription meds in her purse?

susanw

i agree i think she is a bad influnce though to what younger fans she has left, mental or chemical.

NatTurner

White Culture.....and you people have the nerve to talk about Michael Jackson?

Nastybasket

She is on my nerves, BUT - no human deserves this. She has serious mental issues and she and her family need PRAYER.
Those poor babies...

groovychi

BRITNEY NEEDS HELP!! The judge needs to order her to be committed to a mental institution to undergo an intense evaluation. She obviously is very disturbed. She should not even be able to see her kid until she's better, maybe this will make her finally get the help she needs. I am a mother myself and I don't know how I could get through the days without my kids, I would do anything to get better for them.

Karla

I can't believe how cruel people are! This young woman is obviously in need of medical assistance...for the past year or more she has exhibited signs of bi-polar disorder. I believe her denial and withdrawal from family has prevented her getting the care she desperately needs. For my part, I honestly wish her well and hope she can recover her health, sanity and happiness. I am sure she loves her children and for their sakes as well, let's all try to be a little more compassionate.