K-Fed's Lawyer Headed to Court

1/4/2008 12:31 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned K-Fed's lawyer, Mark Vincent Kaplan, will scurry to court this morning at 8:30 AM and ask the Commissioner to strip Brit of her visitation rights -- at least for now. We're told there may not be much of an argument and it's almost certain the Commish will see Kaplan's point. Attorney Tara Scott from the law firm of Trope and Trope will represent Brit -- awkward, since the firm has asked to withdraw as counsel.

As we reported, Britney is at Cedars-Sinai on a "5150 hold," meaning there's evidence she's a danger to herself or others -- others as in her kids.

Here's what's interesting. We've been reporting for several months now that Britney doesn't have a drug or alcohol problem -- that her instability is mental, not chemical. Well placed sources tell us what happened last night is not rooted in drugs, and that of late, her mental state has deteriorated to the point that what happened at her home was not unexpected.

Stay tuned
...

londonrules

yeah kfed kick a girl when she's down , why don't you.
this is shameful, all court procedings should be halted till she's better.
poor girl.

Tired of Brit Bashing

TMZ and all the other rags I hope you are happy. The freakin ambulance couldn't even get through because of the paps. This is totally disgusting how everyone gets off because of someones downfall. We are a pretty crappy place america. TMZ leave her alone so she can get some HELP!

Butterfly

Britney may have some sort of mental health disorder but she is exacerbating with drug use. Heck, for all we know, she could have a substance induced mood disorder. Trick is, she has to get sober before a good diagnosis can be made. Sadly, she went to the club med of rehab clinics or she could have avoided a lot of this drama.

GirlWithTheCurl

My armchair diagnosis is Bipolar Disorder.

Thank God she's finally being evaluated. It's been painful to watch her, knowing she's so sick.

Emo

Any updates? Did her great mother ever show up? I hope she gets better. I just wonder what Justin Timberlake thinks about all of this.

Sara

Damn... how awful. I feel for the girl... she's definitely suffering from an illness that has gone untreated for entirely too long. What a horrible, frightening and unimaginable thing. I really do feel awful for her... it's clear that she has needed help for so long, and she has finally snapped. I hope that she gets the help she needs, finally... that her family and "friends" step up and actually act like they care so that she can mend herself and her relationship with her boys.

God help you if any of you who choose to judge and throw stones ever suffer from something as serious as an emotional and mental illness/breakdown... then maybe you wouldn't be so quick to insult her. It's unimaginable... the things that these disorders and diseases can do to you if not treated. Have some respect and compassion. Because you obviously have no clue what can happen and what does happen. When you are suffering from an illness, sometimes you can't understand or know how to take the steps to help yourself. That's why those of us who have a TRUE support system to help us through our tough times truly are lucky. She is human. She always has been. Some of you should try to act human as well.

Hillbilly Harry

#37: What's wrong with a polyester powder blue Tux? I'm wearing one now. I sleep in it.

I'm just waiting for the people to start blaming the fans for this mess. So far in these comments and on other sites, I've read that it's her monitor's fault, her parents' fault, kfed's fault, etc. But fact is, it's HER fault. Period.

If this were any of us, you know the peon hicks who wear powder blue tuxes to bed, it'd be our fault. We'd be crucified for not seeing the signs in advance. No one was to blame but ourselves and we'd all end up spending significant times in jail/a psycho ward.

So why are the rules different for Brit Brit?

Pump her with drugs, lock her up for a while and she'll be back "singing" crappy pop songs and putting out her classic videos (you know stripper pole+body double+paparazzi) and popping out babies with anyone who gets sucked into that mess. Never fear! TMZ will cover it all!

PollyAnna

After reading more comments I am now wondering . . . .Will KFed, her manager or some other family member end up suing TMZ, Perez, etc, for "enabling" his ex wife and mother of his children? Now THAT would be a lawsuit to watch!!!!!
Catherine

chica

Yes this is a joke and shes a joke and BOO FREAKIN HOO!! See she really didnt want the kids but instead of just saying that now she can just have them taken away and everyone will feel sorry for her.

BeautyandBrains

Ok, Britney has lost it. Yes, even my 4 year old sister realizes this.
But,
when will we reach the point that we will let the woman get better? Don't you feel just a little bad, paps, that at least a dozen of you surround her every move?? Can you imagine if you had an ass load of people following you everywhere, dissecting every moment from getting caught picking your nose to having an embarrassing drunk moment?
It's not right people, it really isnt.
I've never really been a fan of Britneys, but this morning my yahoo! account had 'Spears rushed to ER' so I knew that TMZ would have some coverage, the only reason I came to this site. Looking around this site I think its REALLY SAD. I cannot believe that people waste their time on this. People, stop.

My new years resolution is to become a more positive force in my life and my communitys. I encourage others to do the same...and a great first move is to remove the gossip from tabloids from your lives. Spend you time, energy and money on more positive things. Something tells me that if people back off of Britney she will be able to take the proper steps in becoming more healthy.

You only have one life to live....

ew

I really hope that she can get the help that she needs and moves somewhere that the paps can't get to her after her metal issues are under control. Can you imagine always having the cameras flashing in your face. I would drive me crazy! I do look at the videos that paps take but I am to the point that enough is enough. We can all get by without knowing every move that she makes.

I guess I need to stop looking at TMZ, X17online and the other places like I have stopped buying the magazines.

Big Tex

Okay, she is mentally unstable and is for sure using drugs and/or booze. Take a look back at most of the pictures and look at her eyes, mentally instability doesn't produce glassy eyes like she constantly has.
This has been coming on since her days on the Mickey Mouse Club. She, much like Michael Jackson, has never had a chance to grow up. Her family, management and record lable haver been riding her all the way to the bank. She is just not mentally capable of handling an adult life. Add the drugs and booze...she will go the way of Anna Nicole Smith. She has disowned her family, so now it is up to her management and record label to tell her NO and get her straight. The state of California and the city of Los Angeles should take over and commit her for a long time.

Glisten Garbor

I wonder if they have her in a straight jacket in a padded cell..

Seriously

BAHAHABWAAAAHAHAHA!!! She shoulda neva, eva touched that devil's cup in the first place - EVERYONE knows if one is raised in the Bible Belt of America, and one then chooses to "take a drink from my Devil's cup", as she claims in her song TOXIC, that said one will LOSE their sanity! Remember the crazy man and the pigs? Well there are no pigs for Twit.

He's just another Idiot

Kaplan rushed to Court for his photo opportunity and to get lowlife K-Dud custody. This afternoon he will probably rush to Court to try to steal all of Britney's money. Would you people make fun of people with heart disease or cancer? Mental Illness is just as horrific. Show a little compasion and stop being so judgmental.