Brit Pitches Fit

1/5/2008 2:39 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsWe are hearing from multiple sources that Britney Spears is throwing a fit on the 7th floor of Cedars-Sinai. She is demanding to leave, screaming at the staff, will not lie or sit still, we're told.

From all indications, she is being held on a 5150, which means she is a danger to herself and others. Typically, people in that situation can be held for 72 hours against their will.

We have also been told she has pulled her IV out and is generally out of control. Another source at the hospital tells TMZ she could be heard yelling at various staffers and she was described by nurses as being "difficult."

bmacorndawg

Haing spent time in the rubber room, I'm thinking Brit is goingto be getting the "Haldol Helper" real soon.

Just-do-it

Hey Brit why dont you set up a trust account for those boys and just get it over with and off yourself. The world will be a better place!

Seriously

What is the last thing to go through a fly's mind before it hits a windshield?????? It's ass. Bet Twit is practically dying for a cigarette right now..............*evil laugh*.............

Lauren Noelle

She needs angels in her life.

chrissybot

#72-ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! TOOO FUNNY!

Sheesh

TMZ, keep posting all this crap about these egotistical, self absorbing, publicity hunting losers. They want to be seen & heard so show the world the worst of them. People like to see gore & failure. That's what this generation is all about. Keep up the good work.

Jean

I hate to say this but she needs to stay in lock down until they diagnose her mental illness. A long time ago, I was able to tell she was mentally ill. This mental lockdown should have happened long ago. Once they see what her problem is, then they can help her make steps into living a more normal life.

dee

Am I the only one who feels sorry for her? Come on people, have a little compassion! She's still someone's mother, sister, daughter...

Lauren Noelle

Angels need to be called.

Dennis, OKC

nana...good post (83)

Lourdes

I'm bi-polar. If in fact she is bi-polar, my heart goes out to her. When you are sick with this, it's not as simple as accepting help. It does not work like that. You are completely convinced that you don't need it.

If she's just being a bitch and it's drug induced, well, then, I ask for her money and promise to do better with it than she has.

VAN-HALEN ROCKS

LET THE BITCH KILL HERSELF...IT'S REAL SIMPLE....

Standards are badly needed.

The rubber finally meets the road. She's long overdue for an in-hospital assessment, and primarily for her own benefit.
She can threaten lawyers to get out of hospital at this point, but I think she'd lose based on her recent history.
I'm glad that she's being forced to get the care she so needs. It's the first step in a long process coming for her.

Meko Mama

If she did not want to be in the center of the flashbulbs, she should have chosen her actions carefully. She chose to party and drink no one put a gun to her head and made her do it. I do not feel sorry for her at all and in fact my concern is really for those two little boys. While I know children especially that young need both of their parents I feel they would be better off without Brit in their lives and with someone more grounded.
Besides, there is evidence that she has proven to be an unreliable mother even before all of this happened.

Deb H

Ok TMZ....Who messed up? Was it ET online or TMZ? ET reporting Britney has been released!