Dr. Phil on Britney: She Is in "Dire Need" of Help

1/5/2008 6:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. PhilDr. Phil has issued the following statement to ET about his visit with Britney Spears this morning.

"My meeting with Britney and some of her family members this morning in her room at Cedars leaves me convinced more than ever that she is in dire need of both medical and psychological intervention.

She was released moments before my arrival and was packing when I entered the room. We visited for about an hour before I walked with her to her car. I am very concerned for her."

geeewhiz

She will never go on Dr Phil.

kat

I hope Britney signed a release of information for Dr Phil to go public about his meeting and opinions. He of all people should know about confidentiality.

Kelli

I'll apologize if I'm wrong jr.. I hope not. He has said before he would help her out of the spotlight. I hope so. We will see next week on his show. Is Captain around?

TAG

Oh good, Dr. Phil is there to help! Everything should be fine now.

Kelli

You know where you can go tell me off in private J, I can't!!! Grrrr!

breaking rocks

The real problem is that Brit Brit is a spoiled Brat Brat. She needs to join the rest of us in the REAL WORLD.

just wondering

Trinity ...ur r absolutely right, the fact that is Dr. K-phil...is on the scene just proves that her mother is trying to manipulate yet again and put a pr spin to try and save her....rather than ushering her off to the best facility in the world, preferably not in the USA and maybe Dr. K-milk could have offered his jet, instead of offering his PR releases!!!....disgusting, this public approach will doom her!!!!!!!!!....DISGUSTING!!...just my opinion.

Julie

I really do hope that she gets the help that she needs, from Dr. Phil or whomever. If not, I fear that this girl will wind up harming herself. She's the only mother those two little boys have. For their sakes and for hers, I wish her luck with this.

from Canada

Dr. Phil doesn't mince words on his show. He tends to make people feel foolish for their past behaviour and seems to embarass them in an effort to try to make them want to change their behaviour. If Britney goes on his show, I bet he will humiliate her on national TV and she will go off the deep end. She is too set in her crazy ways and twisted thinking. I predict she will committ suicide after going on his show.

ginger

So if he's a licensed doctor what is he doing after speaking to someone in confidence breaking every privacy and HIPPA law by indicating "she needs help"? Ah, I forgot. He is the Oprah version of medical professional.

Maybe things have been a little slow for him these days...

Salty Dog

If Dr. Phil had any real concern for this out of control wacko, he would ensure that it be done in private. By doing a show on this selfish wench, he is only adding to her trouble and feeding the media sharks.

I've got an idea!

Let Dr. Phil put Britney, Paris, Lindsey and all the other spoiled rich kids in the Dr. Phil house and fill it with booze and drugs. Whoever walks out alive, gets a star on the sidewalk in Hollywood...

angie

Yeah he probably walked her to her car begging for her to go on his show!

Inspector Gadget

When are y'all gonna get it? She's dumber than a box of rocks, she's genetically unstable, her mammy pushed her into the limelight to make Mommy Spears rich, and the whole fracking sorry mess is becoming a bigger public spectacle than Anna Nicole.

KFed was the dumbass who dumped the live loads and he's man enough to take on responsible parenting now that the fun is over.

The odds are this ends in Brit's early death just like Anna Nicole.

Alex

Britney obviously has a mental disorder...it's not just about a party girl having fun or acting stupid.
There is a lot of evidence now that she is bipolar or suffering from some other mental disorder. According to CNN this morning, her drug tests were negative after she was submitted to the hospital this time.
She is obviously having some sort of mental breakdown or issue, which thousands suffer from each day...except in her case, every second of her breakdown is taped for our viewing pleasure...so we can watch and criticize.

She looks great

Dr. Phil is NOT a doctor

He also should not be revealing private conversations with Britney.

He also is obnoxious, his voice is grating, and he's a fame hound. Despicable how he's chasing her for a tv appearance under the guise of helping. If he truly wanted to help, he'd quietly see her, not issue press releases, and find her a real, helpful doctor - if such a doctor exists in this town of 90210 fame whores.

Also, Cedars Sinai violates privacy laws.