Dr. Phil on Britney: She Is in "Dire Need" of Help

1/5/2008 6:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. PhilDr. Phil has issued the following statement to ET about his visit with Britney Spears this morning.

"My meeting with Britney and some of her family members this morning in her room at Cedars leaves me convinced more than ever that she is in dire need of both medical and psychological intervention.

She was released moments before my arrival and was packing when I entered the room. We visited for about an hour before I walked with her to her car. I am very concerned for her."

La Mom

I don't get this ....did someone fom the Spears family invite Dr. Phil? Or dd he just show up on his own for a photo-op ...I mean, to help? Like his public statements help matters any.

tami

Dr Phil needs a good therapist.

Originalkat

She won't stop until she kills someone else or herself. The girl is a nut case right now. Throwing a fit to get out is disgusting and I hope the hospital is held responsible for what she does next. They did not follow procedure at the hospital. Where is the evidence that she is bipolar? Maybe she is just a spoiled celebrity who is use to getting her way.

bthelaw

He is a publicity whore just like Britney. They make a good pair. Pair of nothings.

Allred Tree

Just WHO GAVE DR. CHARLATAN permission to visit Britney Spears? I used to think Cedars had an excellent reputation but would really hesitate before recommending this place to anyone now after this. Dr. Phil IS NOT HER ATTENDING PHYSICIAN, is TOTALLY UNETHICAL IMO, and one would think he would be refused admittance to a locked facililty and to someone on a hold when he has NO BUSINESS being there other than for his self-serving motives.

BOYCOTT DR. PHIL and do not buy his books. This quack and snake-oil salesman should be booted off TV and put on the shelf along with the other phony Oprah Winfrey supported (the guy who wrote a book about alcoholism and was proved to be a fake). Dr. Phil is the real proof of Oprah's bad judgement.

Cedars almost killed two babies recently due to a medication mixup and made a huge mixup with some blood some years ago.

just wondering

...kelli...that is my point...why did he say that on the air?????...why do we even know that???...if he really cared deep down he wouldn't be broadcasting it to tens of millions around the world!!!....action speaks louder than words , and it seems to me he is keeping the world up to date this very second, not discreet in my books!!!....he may ship her off somewhere quietly now, but trust me cameras will be poking there creepy lenses at one point from his production company!!!....I'm going to walmart now!!! hahahaha....cy ltr!! heehee

Bob Barnett

I think Dr Philth is a bigger whore than Brittney. As usual, he'll cure her in 44 mins, between commercials.

NY LMSW

Seriously, this is her last resort. I think that he can help her, but she has to show up and put some effort into it and all those ppl who get paid off her backside have to cut the bs and stop enabling and cow towing to her !

$

This is a classic case of radical neoliberal perversion acting up - Phil & Brit & no one really cares - all about the kids.

duckdown

is she dead yet?

Leibe1

Oh, PULEEZE!!!! Here's is yet one more person who is looking to make a bundle at this woman's expense. How can her melt down come as a surprize to anyone? She has been nothing more than a commodity to her mother, her agent, her husband and now this feathered shrink. I hope she pulls her life together but it's going to be a rough trip with no real support group.

confused

Can you say Anna Nicole Smith

Some Faustkateer

Packing her bags?!?! Man alive, only in L.A. could one get released from the loony bin just for throwing a fit!

BLINKING !!

WAIT A MINUTE. !! DR PHIL GOES INTO THE HOSPITAL AS A FRIEND AND COMES OUT AND RUNS TO THE MEDIA WITH NEWS ??? A NEW LOW..!! IT'S NOT WONDER THIS GIRL IS FREAKING LOONY, LOOK AT THE PEOPLE SURROUNDING HER, MONEY HUNGRY VOLTURES..!!
THERE IS NO DAMN SHAME ANYMORE, OPRAH ANOTHER FOOL YOU BOASTED ABOUT WHO'S A COMPLETE FRAUD.. WHAT DR DOES THAT.?

blablabla