Dr. Phil on Britney: She Is in "Dire Need" of Help

1/5/2008 6:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. PhilDr. Phil has issued the following statement to ET about his visit with Britney Spears this morning.

"My meeting with Britney and some of her family members this morning in her room at Cedars leaves me convinced more than ever that she is in dire need of both medical and psychological intervention.

She was released moments before my arrival and was packing when I entered the room. We visited for about an hour before I walked with her to her car. I am very concerned for her."

Cairenn

Dr Phil is ONLY in it for the"ride her ooattails" publicity. He doesnt help anyone.

Standards are badly needed.

EVERYBODY blaming Mom. Nonsense. She's long since moved out of her mother's home.
Britney is responsible for all of the train wreck decisions of the last year or two.
She won't listen to anybody, including her Mom.

truth be told

Great! ANOTHER person taking advantage and using Britney. .I would go crazy too! You never know who is your friend or who is using you.. Can make anyone psycho!!!

Taylor

This guy is such a user. I'm not a fan of Brit, nor is my 13 year old daughter, but I do feel very very sorry for her. It seems that only those who can profit off of her are in her life. 'Dr.' Phil needs to stop trying to use her for attention.

Beautiful Baby

Well guess the next thing we will hear is that Dr Kristine Erosobich
will be called in to diagnos Britney. What kind of a Dr goes public with his thoughts like that ...and now her mom promoting herself at a gravesite ....no wonder this girl is a mess........no real people in her life

whatever

#62 Millie- You obviously have no clue as to what you are talking about. If you are in a divorce case and there are COURT orders that state what is to be done regarding the care of the kids that is called a court order. If one party BREAKS those court ordered rules then the party who isnt breaking those orders has every right to go after the offender (Brit). It is K feds OBLIGATION to the kids to do so in their best interest. Therefore Brit Brit is responsible for K Feds lawyer fees. Also, if she puts the kids in harms way IN ANY WAY then it is EVERYONES responsibility to turn her in just like you would if you saw someone beating their kid. SHe is responsible for her actions and there are many consequences for said actions. SHE HAS TO PAY THE PRICE OF HER WAYS. Period. If my ex doesnt pay child support and I have to go to court to get him to pay I have to hire an attorney. That attorney cost moeny. I sue for the back child support PLUS lawyers fees. If he didnt screw up I wouldnt have had to go to court. His fault. That is another example.

Ken

DR. PHIL SHOULD STICK TO WRITING DIET BOOKS. HA HA. HE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR PUBLICITY.
MEDIA WHORE!!!!!

leonope

What a hoot! Does anybody need Dr. Phil to realize that Britney is in dire need of everything?

getting irritated

Jenny #97........There is no need to double-post the same thing. One time suffices.

W T F ?

54. I don't think she will ever make it to the Dr. Phil show. I'm sure she will be out tonight putting gas in her car, driving reckless, stealing lighters, hit-and-runs, and anything else she can think of. Personally, I think she will be dead very soon and I will lose no sleep over it. My thoughts are with our soldiers who rish their lives and not with this talentless wench...

Posted at 4:53PM on Jan 5th 2008 by Salty Dog

Amen, Salty Dog, Amen! I couldn't have said it better myself!

Brother Harold, S.J.

THIS MAN MAKES ME WANT TO VOMIT.

Larry

Piece of hack crap is everywhere, the slow talking, bubble-headed media whore. If he walked into my room, I'd scream for security and sue his flabby ass for interfering in my private life. I CAN NOT stand the bastard. It's like when I see Bush on TV, I have to change the channel fast or risk popping a blood vessel. And his pious pal, attention whore Oprah, makes me gag as well.

yoliep

he is a media blowhard whore but so is britney.
dr phil is not afraid to let her have her say, but he is also not afraid to tell her to her face with " what the hell is going on?" and "this is what you need to do this to get your children back!"
the sad part, this will be for enertainment value, this should be privately done.
she will tell him that no one is on her side, everybody against her.
she thinks that if people stop talking or stalking her that she will be forgotten,
she thinks she is a good mother.
the rest of the world thinks she is crazy, bi-polar or alcoholic or on drugs, prescribe or otherwise, or a combination of all of the above.
but the only thing she can do to prove that she is good mother is to go to an asylum/rehab to recover to get into a safe and normal/healthy routine.
she needs to go away for her health, to take out those awful weave.
do some therapy, gardening, horseback riding, some hiking, some meditation, some yoga, anything to ground her for six month to a year and most important of all, get the right medication for her mental illness.
THE MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL IS THAT THE MEDIA NEEDS TO STAY AWAY FROM HER!
hopefully, commiossioner gordon can order her to go to the asylum/rehab for six month if she wants her children back at all

i know that this is the most exciting entertainment we have but she needs serious help.
is tmz ready to lose all the excitement?

His.ShowBixMom

For "Dr." Phil to make a hospital visit and then immediately give an interview about what took place sounds about as unethical as a doctor can get. I cannot stand this man or his show but I am still surprised that he would sink this low. What was his purpose in getting involved......Britney couldn't afford to consult with a doctor of her choosing, the hospital she was confined to didn't have any doctors on staff, or the real reason: A CHANCE TO PLUG HIS MONDAY SHOW!!! Oprah should be sorry she ever promoted this phony.

Black Sheep

One of Oprah's biggest mistakes. What a media whore. So much for confidentiality. I wouldn't ask him for the correct time.