Why Brit Locked Herself in the Bathroom

1/8/2008 5:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned what triggered the drama last Thursday night that ended with Britney being strapped to a stretcher and carted off in an ambulance.Britney Spears

Unimpeachable sources tell TMZ Brit pitched a fit that she had to attend a deposition in the custody case earlier in the day and she wanted "make-up" time with the kids that evening. Britney had visitation rights with the kids that day. She was supposed to surrender them to K-Daddy at 7:00 PM, but wanted two extra hours. K-Fed and his lawyer, Mark Vincent Kaplan, wouldn't allow it, so she locked herself in the house -- thus the stand-off.

Here are the probs with Brit's theory. First, the reason her depo was set for last Thursday was because she failed to show the day before. Second, Thursday's depo was supposed to begin at 9:45 AM and go until 11:45 AM. She didn't show until 11:32, so the depo lasted less than 15 minutes. We've learned she only had visitation rights that day between noon and 7 PM. The depo ended at 11:45 and her house was only 15 minutes away. So she really didn't lose any time with the kids.

Bottom line -- Brit was legally off base.

Previous 15 Comments | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29

MomTo1

Wow I must be a bad mom. My son goes to sleep at 10 everyday. He still gets 14 hours of sleep every single day. He has no where he has to go and neither do I so why should he have to go to sleep at 7 every night. He likes to watch his shows and go to sleep when we do. Kids go to sleep earlier or later depending on the parent's morning schedule not because there is a set schedule every kid needs to go to sleep. Thats the stupidest thing to critisize Britney for especially when Kfed doesn't have to get up for anything. As long as they still get their required amount of sleep who cares what time they go to sleep. Heck he might not even put them to sleep until 9 or 10 which would not have affected their sleep at all. If Britney wanted to keep them later than she should have done it with Kfed's permission.

Ben Walker

Enough, enough! Can we go just one day without reading about this nut case! Surely, there must be something else to write about! Please, Please!

STACY

I THINK IF I WAS IN BRITNEY'S SITUATION I WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME THING. AFTER ALL, WASN'T KEVIN FEDERLINE A MONEY GRUBBING BUM BEFORE ALL THIS. I BELIEVE SHE HAS MADE HER MISTAKES BUT HASN'T EVERY PARENT. FURTHERMORE, I WOULD TELL THE WORLD TO KISS MY ASS THIS HER BUSINESS AND NOBODY ELSE.

chick

At first I was sympathetic. But now, this bitch ain't nothin but CRAZY!

nae

People and the paps need to leave brit alone. I mean it is OBVIOUS britney has problems but who wouldnt? Especially with people recording their EVERY move. I seriously feel bad for britney. She needs help and I hope she gets it for her children's sake.

leala

Ya know what............ dosent this make sense???..

leave brittney alone and maybe she will do better.. get off her already broken back. She is still a person and you people are treating her like she should be exzamined in every single way.. like some sort of alien..

Who cares if she looked herself in a bathroom.. we all do it when we are mad? and i would be very mad if the nation of america took my kids away

okay some things are wrong... like driving with a child in the front seat
DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY MOTHERS DO THESE THINGS DAILY

PROBALY OVER 4 MILLION A DAY IN THE USA..

instead of tracking britney
look for these other mothers and other problems in your society

I AINT EVEN A BRITNEY FAN!!!!!!!! BUT IT DOSNT MEAN I DONT LIKE HER.. I LIKE HER SONGS,,,,,, AND THINK THAT BRITNEY MADE HER DREAMS COME TRUE AND NOW THEY ARE BEING RUNIED BY PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO LIVES...

IS THAT FAIR....?????

LEAVE THEM ALL ALONE...

LEALA BETTER

retro

Did you ever think that he has his body guard pick them up because it would avoid confrontation with Britney? I wish I had someone to intervene between my ex and I when we have to deal with visitation. These kids know his bodyguards, they're with him all the time. Further more, Britney has far more strangers going in and out of her life than the kids need. I'm not a fan of either of them but what she did was stupid and immature. Most likely just trying to get a dig in at K-Fed and was pissed because she couldn't have her way. People said she was acting strange, she was probably breaking down in front of those kids which is why she started the whole mess. Get help Britney. Don't let other people's actions dictate your life. Be a strong woman and take control of your situation. Bad things happen to people all the time, it's YOUR choice of when and how to get over them.

water

She went to the bathroom to cut her hair... I would rather see a bald head than that nasty weave. What in world does any of Hollywood find attractive about those extensions on white woman?? Grow your hair fool, dump the freak, get some meds, workout, eat well- CMON on Girl.

Don't cry for her. She is eating all this drama. Stop giving a crap weather she smokes at a gas station, talks British, farts, etc. If we don't give her energy, the drama can't be fed... then she will face herself.

Previous 15 Comments | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29