Why Brit Locked Herself in the Bathroom

1/8/2008 5:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned what triggered the drama last Thursday night that ended with Britney being strapped to a stretcher and carted off in an ambulance.Britney Spears

Unimpeachable sources tell TMZ Brit pitched a fit that she had to attend a deposition in the custody case earlier in the day and she wanted "make-up" time with the kids that evening. Britney had visitation rights with the kids that day. She was supposed to surrender them to K-Daddy at 7:00 PM, but wanted two extra hours. K-Fed and his lawyer, Mark Vincent Kaplan, wouldn't allow it, so she locked herself in the house -- thus the stand-off.

Here are the probs with Brit's theory. First, the reason her depo was set for last Thursday was because she failed to show the day before. Second, Thursday's depo was supposed to begin at 9:45 AM and go until 11:45 AM. She didn't show until 11:32, so the depo lasted less than 15 minutes. We've learned she only had visitation rights that day between noon and 7 PM. The depo ended at 11:45 and her house was only 15 minutes away. So she really didn't lose any time with the kids.

Bottom line -- Brit was legally off base.

concerned

I think that it is time to just leave this girl alone. This person is obvioulsy in need of help and you at TMZ are basically kicking her when she is down. You are basically loading a gun aiming and shooting - if she dies becasue of this constant media pressure I hope that you will understand your responsibility in her death. But more likely you will also sensationalize and make money off of that too, I want you to know that this is the first and last time I will visit your web site. I only logged on to voice my concern at the pack mentality that you promote.

was it?

to Kadian #10 - SHUT UP

britney_sucks

I just had a vision... Britney will die this year.

OK

WHY DON'T YOU GUYS (TMZ) START RESEARCHING K-FEDS BACK GROUND AND THE THINGS HE DOES THAT YOU NEVER WRITE ABOUT. GO FOLLOW HIM AROUND! DRIVE HIM NUTS! I AM NOT A BRIT OR K-FED FAN BUT ATTACKING BRIT EVERYDAY, NO WONDER SHE IS GOING CRAZY!

FlyontheWallTZM@aol.com

She still looks great to me.

Fly glasses and all.

was it?

Dont you think that if you could only see you children on certain days at certain times you might make an exception and have them stay up an hour later, YEAH YOU WOULD.

Clapton Is God

Supporters like keith are morons - so help me if my ex ever tried to see the kids when she was on drugs or drinking I would be in court so fast to strip all further rights from the bit ch - my ex knows that so she would not be that dumb as white trash bs is

Jen Weeks

When I first read this post a few minutes ago it read, "by Harvey Levin." Now, it says, "by TMZ Staff." Any idea why?

FlyontheWallTZM@aol.com

I agree with #92

Have a great day

djdw61

What is considered an "unimpeachable" source?
Secondly, how many chances does this chick get before she is locked up for good?
That being said, I just really don't care about any of this anymore.....Sounds like I am not the only one....ENOUGH! Let her rot witihout covering it, pleeeeaase???

anonymous

For a mother to ask for an extra 2 hours with her children isn't unreasonable. Why aren't people being kinder here? Also why couldn't Kaplan,Esq. have completed her deposition when she was there? Did he have a hot lunch date? As for K-feds paranoia, let him just take some tranquilizers and see a therapist, if he's got the money. K-fed is so last year, but I don't think he knows it yet.

Bored to Tears

Can we talk about something else? Please!?!

Ashley

Those children should be taken away from her permanently! I hope her baby tantrum was worth it. I can't believe all of the people that are still defending this selfish mess....maybe when she kills her children the people that are making excuses for her will finally admit that they are WRONG! The ONLY people that should have every one's "prayers" and sympathy are those kids!

ME!!

15 mins in Los Angeles traffic is like an hour and a half! K-fed is such a loser, jerk who makes like 15,000 a year without britney's income. It is so sad that this is happening. But it happens everyday with fathers.....I would probably react the same way if my son's father only allowed me half a day and it was cut down because legal matters. I swear the evil in people, learn compassion and understanding. Isn't there enough hate in the world that we have to fight over insignificant things like a couple of extra hours with someone we love? Why can't there be any middle ground?

FlyontheWallTZM@aol.com

95 Herv is sneaky that way -we all know that

He uses may and we think and we hear an awful lot - disclaimers not doubt

He would never say a good thing about brit