Diggory Back from the Dead -- And Clubbing!

1/9/2008 4:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

You'd have to be a pretty hardcore Harry Potter fan to spot Robert Pattinson -- the guy who played Cedric Diggory on the big screen -- out on the Sunset Strip.

So you would think the guy would know his character died in "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" -- and more "Potter" flicks weren't in his future. But he didn't.

Silly muggles.

Shelly

or a hard-core Twilight fan.... or both.

MASIEL

NOT HOT !!!!! EWWWW OMG TWILIGHT IS NOT JUST SOME "THING" ITS A GREAT NOVEL AND A ROMANCE STORY LIKE NO OTHER IS OUT THERE...SERIOUSLY THE CHARACTER HE'S GOING TO ACT OUT IS DIFFICULT TO IMPERSINATE IF NOT TRULY HEART FELT.. BETTER NOT F*** WITH THE STORY...I ENCOURAGE EVERYBODY TO READ THE NOVEL WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED PROMISE....

WhiteCrane00

wow. ok. he better do a phenominal job for the part of edward. he has no idea how crucial this part is to the book. and .... he didn't seem too syked about the whole thing. but he better. once again. he has no idea how popular the twilight series is and how mad everyone will be if he messes up.... srry for my disdain - i have just seen too many good books fall the the evil clutches of hollywood to let anything happen to one of the best series ever.

Stacy

Twilight is an awesome series! I think he is going to do a wonderful job as Edward. Everyone needs to remember though, this book has tons of fans, and it is impossible for the producers to make everyone happy. There will always be disappointments, that's to be expected. Also, if you haven't read Twilight or don't know what it is, go to http://www.stepheniemeyer.com or http://twilightlexicon.com At either of those you can find out just about everything you would want to know. But, READ THE BOOKS!!!

Khaccu

He mentioned his new movie TWILIGHT! I'm so excited, he's playing Edward Cullen!

Snowgirl

If you had a clue at all, than tmz would know that Mr. Pattinson is refering to "Twilight". This movie is highly anticipated and the buzz is up 37 percent just from last week. Maybe if the reporter actually READ instead of wrote his lame comment than they would know that the movie is based off a book that knocked Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows out of the no. 1 spot. Just ask any young adult about the "Twilight" saga and you find out how huge this is. Mr. Pattinson knows what he is doing, he will be the next big thing!

Ally

He is going to be such a perfect Edward!!! He's so cute, and he seems really down to earth...but he better get used to being on tmz, because he's gonna be so famous when Twilight finally comes out. I can't wait!

dawnofdusk

Omigosh! I love the Twilght Collection! He's really good looking but he didn't seem to impressed when he was saying it. Blah. The books are fantastic and I hope he can act! I dont read H.Potter, let alone watch it, It might be a good role for him he's cute.

Rachel

wat did he say after he mentioned twilight?? i couldnt make out the word

nina

He was NOT acting unimpressed when he mentioned the books-look who's he's talking to. Some man in his late 40's. He's not exactly the type to read the Twilight series! So, Robert is mentioning the movie a little timidly becuase he's pretty much aware this guy probably will have no clue what Twilight is even about. Robert is just answering his question.

Ashlyn

Yay! He's playing the lovely Edward Anthony Mason Cullen ( A Vampire ) In the upcoming Twilight film, which I love, and he's the lead male role. So Ha, to people saying he's only famous for Harry Potter.

kahlmar

Silly TMZ. You make it sound like he’s had his 15 min’s of fame. Just wait until Twilight comes out. Every woman from 12-50 will be in love with him and he wont have time to sign your little piece of paper.
I’d start being nice to him now.

quixotickvinne

Morons. He didn't say yes to more Harry Potter movies. He said he was doing the movie Twilight next.
Get it right.

aimee

I think Robert is going to be a great Edward in Twilight, I can't wait! The books are awesome, he definately knows how to choose 'em!

Shari

He has done stuff since Harry Potter, just not in the U.S., he's in some Brit films though. I can't wait for Twilight!! And he was on Sunset, so freaking close, why am I never around when ppl I wanna meet are here lol

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments