« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

The New Air Jordan -- No, Really, It's Green

1/9/2008 12:36 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The latest Air Jordan sneaker has been unleashed, and despite what you might think you're seeing here, we're telling you -- it's a green shoe.
Michael Jordan's new Green shoe
Nike tells us that the Air Jordan XX3 is the first-ever basketball shoe in the Jordan Brand to be made with sustainable materials -- meaning it'll be around the next time MJ decides to unretire, whenever that is. It's coming out in a limited edition costing $230 which will only be available in 23 stores (sensing a theme here?) and then will be out wide -- for $185.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

mikey

those jordan's are $230?oh my god i like need my money so i can go get a fake tan and be nice and orange.Then i'll like go buy me a $800 gucci purse so i can fit in with all the fake/ snobby white chicks who have no individuality.So a black guy making money is wrong, but old white guys selling purses for $800 is cool? thats not racist is it?

its me

@BO55DEISEL- THANKS 4 BEING HUMAN AND NOT A COLOR!!!!!!! I HATE TO SAY SOME OF THE THINGS I SAY ON HERE BECAUSE MY FRIENDS ARE ALL WHITE BUT IM STILL BLACK AND THESE RACIST PEOPLE BRING THAT OUT OF ME. BUT I APPRECIATE EVERY POINT YOU MADE!!!

ErictheWindow

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

LET'S TALK ABOUT ANGEBRAD JOPITT SOME MORE!!!!!!!! THAT NEVER GETS OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trace

Bo55Diesel

YOU ROCK!!! Couldn't have said it better myself

elle

Uh, TMZ dudes....

SUSTAINABLE refers to the planet. That means it's BIODEGRADABLE.

So the comment that it will be around when Jordan unretires again is really inaccurate. Just tryin' to educate ya'll.

goatmjxxlll

you racist people suck and so does this site..dont be mad that that a black man made it..go back to your trailer park...

know your facts

Just when I think there's no use, people like you make me think maybe there is a little hope left for us. But please believe, my friend, you are one in a million.

CR

Another Jordan shoe equats to another crime wave opportunity for kids that can't afford them. Limited to a 23 store release, this should be easy to monitor the number of thefts and assaults occurring within a specific radius.

12345

dznutts
those that MJ is holding are not 230 they are 185 an other pair of XX3s in a different color are 230 and will only be abalable to the top 23 jordan acounts and each store will have only 23 pairs and their will be only 529 pairs in the US

G to tha T

I'd rather buy 10 pairs of Jordans than spend hard earned $$$ on gossip magazines or whatever crap that's "trendy" and would go out of style in less than one season.

HoHoHO

Now, all the people that have been saving money by using food stamps this year can buy these for their teenage boys, who soooo deserve it. Then, they can drive around in their Mercedes, with the dealer tags still on it, cuz repo hasn't been called yet, looking all fly. "My momma can't afford the house we live in or the food we eat, but check out my new Jordon's."

Damien Maxwell

ooooohhhhhhh my god, theest look ever. please im me when they ar supposed to be released.

Kevin

If this was an Air Britney XX3 shoe all you stay at home losers would spend EVEN MORE time glued to the tv to hear about it. It might even be enough to tear you away from the perverse fascination with her little sister. You'd devote every ounce of your emotionally retarded mind to following the shoe and whether Britney would be in or out of rehab the day of the release. You'd camp on the sidewalk with portable tvs surrounding you so you don't miss a single minute of the droning, mind-numbing gossip "news". You'd scream and argue like a Life and Death matter over whether the White Trash Edition or the Cokehead Edition of the shoe was better and what it all means in the context of your meaningless "life".

Mista Jesta

I remember paying $65 to $80 dollars for J's 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 12. Now when i see folks walking in tenny shoes that cost that much i feel sad for them. I still live wit moms & i got the new J's. When will people wake up??? The only person i know who wants to be like mike is that girl kobe so sad so bad. Enjoy those new J's & tell your moms hi.

kim

Why don't these celebs put out things that won't break a parents bank when their spoiled kids scream for the items? It is just ridiculous to think that people would pay $185 for a pair of freaking shoes much less $230!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments