The King of Malibu Triumphantly Returns!

1/11/2008 3:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The last time Mel Gibson was found grinning at a restaurant in Malibu, well, we all know what happened.

No reports of any wayward driving, misogynistic comments, or anti-Semitic rants -- as yet, a full day after this snap was taken! Thank you, Jesus!

Kelli

I think it's hard to recognize him here. He looks sober! Good for you Mel!

Biker 1957

D List celebrity at best.

Kilmerfan

Ah yes. TMZ you have your Mel stalking for the month. Did you cameraman snap that picture while he was trying to keep up with a running Val Kilmer? Oy Vey!

Mel is cool. Harvey and TMZ are not.

the indian

a Mel, how come you ain't go no brothers on the wall. where's your boy vinod s at?

cbella

OMG GIVE HIM A BREAK ALREADY! ENOUGH WITH THE POLICE DRAMA AND THE PASSION. THE PAST IS THE PAST YOU PEOPLE NEED TO FOCUS ON NOW AND THE FUTURE. LEAVE HIM ALONE. HE SEEMS TO BE HAVING A WONDERFUL DAY WITH HIS BUDDIES. HES RICH FAMOUS HANDSOME HAS 7 CHILDREN A WIFE AND GOD BY HIM.

LEAVE HIM ALONE JUST BECAUSE THE PASSION MADE OVER 600 MILLION AT THE BOX OFFICE DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO BE JEALOUS HAHAAA

LOVE YOU MEL HOT HOTT HOTT :)

KJ

Mel is my hero. What a wonderful man and I hope he makes more movie and stars in them too! He's still hot at 50! The people love you Mel no matter what the bad cop said about you.

Mary Worth

Shows what sobriety can do. Hope he sticks with AA, and finds him a no-nonsense sponsor, (A guide).

In time he will make more amends to those who felt the sting of his words.

Maybe he can watch the history of the jews special that was on PBS; or order a copy. His jewish friends stayed faithful to him. They know that when a person invites spirits into their body, the spirits put his real self on the back burner, and take over. So their friend is a very nice guy, in the end.

YAY

Not a fan of dragon flies Harvey.

Harvey wants untold stories UNTOLD. Who's to blame for raising up the Bears? There was a road block today in Marylands - a suburb in the western subs of Sydney. A power line fell across Davis and Mason Roads. So I guess that means accountability falls on you not Mel.

Mel once said the Holy Spirit is everywhere....guess he's RIGHT.

Alvin and the chipmunks are just annoying. The Davinci Code had a code just not quite the one the Scientologists tried to sell.

Dude looks like a Lady.

YAY

Andrew Abrams is NOT the one to follow.

Might explain why you have a woman with a big head doing your Foxnews reports. Something not right with her. She seems jealous of Max to me.

You guys will never get it right. The door is officially CLOSED.

rod gamlin

LA Girl

I'm getting really tired of "journalist" and others who keep bashing Mel all the time. (I use the term "journalist" loosely.) I have to wonder if Mr. Levin would be going after Mel had Mel made drunken comments about a blacks, Hispanics or Chinese people would he still be riding Mel's ass. I think Mr. Levin is showing his heart and what type of man he is.

I have met Mr. Gibson a number of times. He is a really nice, kind, generous person. He has been kind to me and my friends on a number of occasions. I have known that he was crucified by the press when not one piece of film was shot on The Passion of the Christ. They made HUGE comments that were UNTRUE. They predict that Jew bashing would start all over the country. This went on for closed to 14 months before the film was released. But, this was okay because they have first amendment rights and the right of free speech. Stories were written in the LA Times and NY Times almost daily about what a horrible person he was and this film would destroy the country and create hatred toward Jewish citizens. First off, all their prediction never happened. Second, I cannot think of one writer who apologized to Mr. Gibson or his family. This went all the way back to Australia where some of his family was harassed by some of the press there. So, I don't know, it certainly caused me to resent them, especially the "ones" who represented the "Jewish" community. So if I was offended by what they said and wrote, I am sure it ate up Mr. Gibson inside. So, in a drunken moment in his life he said things, that he has since apologized for publicly and privately. I don't see the same thing that is happening to Mel now, happening to Michael Richards, which occurred at the same time.

Mr. Gibson is a big boy but I think enough is enough. Why aren't journalist going after Paris Hilton for what was caught on tape at one of her club appearances. She didn't hold back and made comments about jews, gays, Hispanics and etc. If you, Mr. Levin are making comments about Mr Gibson, you need to go after all the others. Otherwise, this looks more like a personal attacks, instead of reporting a story.

LA Girl

First, you need to learn how to spell. Second, Mr. Gibson was born in the US, NY State. Before making comments you need to learn the facts.

24. In my opoinion there are many Australain actors with more talent than Mel - pays to be an American /Australia !l

Standards are badly needed.

What a georgous man. Brilliant, accomplished, funny, and looks like fun to be with. He's a 12 out of 10.

Princess Ali Baba

was he sitting with keanu reeves? that guy in the front looks like the back of his head.. anyone know?

melfan 2

TMZ don't you think it is time you gave Mel a break. This continual harping is getting very boring. Give the guy a break. His fans are waiting patiently for him to, once again, appear in front of the camera. It will then prove to you that no matter what, Mel is still one of the best actors around at this time.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments