Hillary Advisor Busted for DWI in New Hampshire

1/12/2008 8:03 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sidney BlumenthalPerhaps it was an early celebration? A senior advisor to Hillary Clinton was arrested and charged with aggravated drunken driving on the eve of the New Hampshire primary.

Nashua police say Sidney Blumenthal (seen here in the preppiest mugshot ever) was arrested early Monday morning after his car was pulled over for traveling 70 mph in a 30 mph zone. Officers smelled alcohol and issued Blumenthal a field sobriety test, which he failed. He was then arrested. Since Sidney's car traveled at such a high rate of speed, he was given an aggravated DWI. Now he's got some aggravation!

Blumenthal is a former White House advisor to President Bill Clinton, and is now working for Hillary as an unpaid advisor. He will be arraigned later this month. Note to Hillary: he might not be available for the South Carolina primary!

chuck

HEY,BOO BOO,,I'm kinda interested in obama,,can you convince me into voting for him? what does he stand for? i would like to vote for him if you could tell me about him?other than his color..

Ooooo Noooo!

Boy does this guy LOOK like a Democrate, or what? LOL

nobodyelsebrokedownlastnight

HEY EMT
GO TO THE OBAMA SITE,IT WILL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT HIM,THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL BLOG OF INTELLIGENCE,IT IS A BASHING BLOG BECAUSE BRIT BRIT IS LAYING LOW TONIGHT.ARE YOU SERIOUS,MAKING A DECISION ON WHO TO VOTE FOR FROM A BLOG,BRIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHERE ARE YOU??????????????MAYBE GETTING LAYED,THAT WILL CALM YOU OUT,MAYBE THAT'S ALL HILLARY NEED'S,MIGHT PUT A SMILE ON HER FACE DON'T YA THINK.DRINKING AND DRIVING,JUST PLAIN RECKLESS

chuck

Yes lunch lady,I take d.u.i.is very serious,my brother was killed by a drunk driver,,,,but some of the people on this site are trying to say it's o.k. or don't make a big deal out of it beacause it's from hillary's campain....I'm not left or right..yet...I'm just looking to who slings the least amount of mud,and who makes the most scense

Tiger Tale

If you replaced Vince Foster, you'd be hitting the bottle hard too!

nancy

Looks like TMZ has turned out the lights. Strange, think they'd have stuff to tell us on a Saturday night. Or does nothing happen on the weekend in their magical Celebrityland?

I'm starting to check out x17online. com and pagesix.com and finalpixxceleb.com. Watch, TMZ will blam this little ol' message out of the water. Can't have free competion, ya know. But I'm being honest. TMZ has been running really boring junk lately. Not that I want a scandal a minute, but hell, a lead story about some guy who looks like my old biology teacher? God all mighty. And it's been sitting there for hours. TMZ thinks it's so cool--it can run drek...

Good night, all.

I vote for Boots.

nobodyelsebrokedownlastnight

HEY EMT
DRUNK DRIIVNG IS SERIOUS,I HAVE SAID IT IN EVERY ONE OF MY BLOGS TONIGHT,IF IT WERE HILLARY THAT WAS CAUGHT SHE WOULD LOSE THE ELECTION OVER IT,I STILL THINK YOU SHOULD GO TO OBAMAS SITE OR ANY OTHER CANDITATE AND CHECK IT OUT,THEY ALL SLING MUD,SOME JUST DO IT MORE OBVIOSLY THEN OTHER'S,DON'T BASE IT ON HOW THEY RUN THERE CAMPAIGN OF MUD SLINGING OR WHO IS THE BETTER ROCK STAR,LOOK AT THE ISSUES THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO YOU AND SEE WHO FITS WHAT YOU BELIEVE OR WANT TO SEE HAPPEN.THE YOUTUBE DEBATES ARE GOOD FOR THIS,BUT YOU CAN'T JUST WATCH ONE AND DECIDE,PICK YOUR ISSUES,PICK YOUR ANSWER'S AND WHAT SOUNDS GOOD TO YOU.SORRY ABOUT YOUR BROTHER,I LOST MINE IN THE MIDDLE EAST.

chuck

as a undecided voter,when candidates sling mud,they are looking desperate and dispicable....,this country should have better choice than who can run a better smear campain....when you run a smear campain it say's one thing "you have nothing to offer at this time"....I'm not left or right...liberal or conservative,,just someone who wants to filter through all the bullcrap.....

nobodyelsebrokedownlastnight

EMT
IT WILL GET WAY WORSE BEFORE IT END'S.ON ALL SIDE'S,HAVE FUN WITH ALL THIS AND I HOPE YOU FIND SOMEONE WHO FIT'S YOU,I THINK THEY WILL TRY AND BURY HILLARY FOR THIS DRUNK DRIVING THING,I HOPE IF THEY DO SHE COMES OUT AND SAY'S THAT DRUNK DRIVING IS UNACCEPTABLE AND LET'S THIS GUY GO.GOING TO BED.PEACE OUT EMT..BRIT BRIT WHERE EVER YOU ARE I HOPE YOUR CALM AND GETTING TREATED WELL,QUESS YOU COULD USE THE BREAK.SEE HOW SMART WE ALL ARE WHEN BRIT BEHAVES HERSELF!!!!!!!!AT LEAST SHE'S NOT DRIVING,BRIT HAS NEVER HAD A DUI.DRIVING DRUNK IS WORSE THAN PLAYING WITH A LOADED GUN,WAY MORE PEOPLE DIE WHEN THE CAR CRASHES

torch

now this is funny

barry

Now he is eligible to run for president

phmerc1

Our President is an alcoholic and a drug addict. How can this guy be any worse?

ali

I dont condone drinking and driving but I must say tmz you seem to bring out anything that makes hillary look bad, obama made fun of bushes speaking ability during a speech he made and kinda laughed and he got a free ticket to say and do what he pleases. Hillary is not the one was charged with a dui and she has no control over what her campaign does in their personal life. Everyone is responsible for their own actions.

jp

this photo looks photoshopped to make his eyes whiter than they obviously were.

Puter Boi

Sadly...he looks like my Aunt Margaret.