Lawyers to Brit: Honey, You Gotta Show for This

1/13/2008 5:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsSources connected with the custody case tell TMZ Britney Spears has been strongly urged to attend tomorrow's hearing. We're told her lawyers know if she doesn't show, it will be curtains -- at least in the short term.

Sources tell us Brit's lawyers know Commissioner Scott Gordon expects Britney to address a number of issues surrounding the craziness at her home a week ago Thursday. In particular, commissioner Gordon wants Brit to explain why she violated the custody order by not turning the kids over to K-Fed's security guard at 7:00 that evening. The commissioner is also keenly interested in Britney's behavior that caused her to be placed on a 5150 hold at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

Britney's lawyers know if she does not attend tomorrow's hearing, the Commish almost certainly will extend the ban on visitation until the April trial.

The wild card, of course, is Britney herself. She hates appearing in court and it's certainly possible she'll be a no-show on Monday. TMZ will stream live video at the courthouse tomorrow, so watch and see if Brit appears!

Previous 15 Comments | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22

Roberta

Okay, I think not cleaning your house just because of this is a little much. And stop fighting over who lives in a trailer! Who cares who has a better house? The comments should be about Britney herself, and the poor girl is obviously ill. Her symptoms all point to bipolar disease, but who knows? She needs to be in a facility where they can diagnose her and treat her. She does deserve to be treated if she has a mental illness. If she had cancer, would you think it was not worth treating and she was faking it? I am not a Britney fan, but everyone deserves the right to be mentally healthy,even if she cannot see she is sick. That is why someone needs to intervene.

nedsgirl

Although I'm not a big K-Fed fan, I do give him credit for doing what is right by these two boys even if he is doing it for the wrong reasons (money), which I'm still not convinced of. I think he really truely loves those boys.

As a person that can not have childen, it saddens me to watch what she is doing. She was given TWO gifts from god and had I been lucky enough for that to happen to me, I would be doing whatever it takes to keep them in my care.

Stand up and fly right, Britney -- your sons need you!

klove

You've got to be kidding me, leave the poor kid alone???? Why? This is a reckless, irresponsible drug addict who may or may not have bi-polar but that does not excuse all her behavior. If you have problems and you're a Mother, it's your responsiblity to get help so you can be a good parent, She's disrespectful to the US court system and should've been hed in contempt but no, she gets special treatment. Feeling sorry for her is enabling her and encouraging her to continue illegal, dangerous, frightening, insane behavior because she's not being held accountable, she's getting special treatment becuae I'm sure if you saw a story on the news about some hispanic mother behaiving like this and disregarding court orders re: her children I'm sure you wouldn't be feeling so badly for her. She needs to be held accountable and if she violates the judges orders again, she should be arrested like we all would. People that excuse her behaivor keep these people sick, like Michael Jackson, if he were anyone else looking like that and behaiving like he does he's be locked up.. She should absolutely be court ordered to a strict rehab. not a country club!!! It's long overdue. ,

hell with them all

Put this little crap behind bars and get throw the key away. she does not belong among normal people. She needs to be put out of her life.

Gunter Hallowgreen

Well, it is the future income of her former husband that is a stake.

What is he going to live of if they don't take the kids away from her?

The court has to address this!

shirliana

JESSICA PLEASE PLEASE SHOW UP FOR YOUR COURT WITH THE MAN (PAPPARAZI) THAT IS PROTECTING YOU....I KNOW YOU ARE GOING THRU SO MUCH AND PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR KIDS.....

Oh Angelina

I guess we'll find out how much her boys mean to her after all.

klove

Kathie Lee, when the wife makes more than the husband SHE has to pay him alimony, he wouldn't have to pay child support, she makes 30 mil a year, he's not working. She knew that going in and didn't nisist on a prenup! I'm sick of people bagging on him, he's not the greatest representation for a good father but at least he's showing up and wants to be with the boys. Her new loser guy who's using her is more important to her than her kids, and they'll see this footage when they grow up and imagine how they'll feel? All she had to do was go inside the building, she works her way through the paparazzi to go get coffee or eat lunch. I can't imagine how she could just blow this off. Her actions are loud and clear she doesn't want them now. Thank God too, she's lost it. Speaking with an engish accent, tooling around town when she's losing her boys at the same time, how cold, she's sick, stop blaming others, she's made her decisions and this latest loser is another bad one!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22