Brit Not Ready for Prime Court Time

1/14/2008 7:03 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears was a wreck after trying to get out of her SUV at the L.A. County Courthouse. She bailed and is headed home.

As she got out of the car, she screamed at photogs, "Move back. I'm scared. Stop it. Stop it. I want to get back in the car. Just stop it. Let me get in the car, please."

But the plot thickens. A law enforcement source tells TMZ she may be coming back to the courthouse at 3:30 PM PT. We have not confirmed this, but if it's true, we will go live with streaming video. Promise!

UPDATE: Britney needs some God in her life! After leaving the courthouse, she stopped at the Little Brown Church and then headed to the Gaucho Grill on Ventura Blvd where she's eating lunch. A girl gets hungry!

Jean

Britney is NOT SCARED OF THE PAPS. If she was, she would not be able to hang with them at 2 in the morning at different gas stations. PLUS SHE IS SLEEPING WITH ONE!

Seems she is just looking for an excuse not to go to court. Hopefully she does. If she doesn't she made the "attempt" to she can say she attempted to go but it was the paps fault. Many of us are not falling for that.

W T F ?

She never fails to let us down!

whoislisasilvermandoyoumeansarasilverman?

Boy, next time I have a hearing I think I'll just amble in 7 hours late. Noone will MIND, will they? Feh.

Heatherrrr

I fear the next time her boys will see her... is when they are looking at her in her casket. There is no good ending to this story I'm afraid.

bigolpelefan

You know, if she hadn't had every chance to do this with the help of the LAPD, I'd feel bad for her. She chose not to cooperate, so now she has to manuever the paps herself. Boohoo. She brought this upon herself, so the pity died off long ago.

christie

Scared of what??? She does this EVERYDAY with her PAPS!!! It's just an excuse not to go....She came, got her attention and then left.....Had to make her grand entrance. She deserves everything she gets!!

Cate

Most people are in agreement that Britney is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Yet subjecting her to this type of media frenzy is acceptable? The hearing date and time should be kept confidential.

stormy

Please leave her alone!

AlwaysHungry

Just tell me did she use her dumb, fake mutltiple personality voice when she was doing that

Anon

I'd be scared too!

monique

Hell no she didn't show up for court looking like a hooker.

Me

I just don't get how it's legal to stalk someone if you have a camera in your hand?

thom

I have it on good authority that court officials have agreed to Britney's request submitted via her attorneys to temporarily position a faux gas pump and a Starbucks sign outside the courthouse. She will indeed return when these two conditions are met, at which time she will feel comfortable getting out of her vehicle.

mic

So sad, everyone should leave her alone so she can try and put her life back on track. PRAYING FOR YOU BRIT.

trinity

She runs with the paps day and night, but can't brace herself to walk into the courthouse for a custody hearing?