Brad Renfro Dies

1/15/2008 8:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Brad RefroTMZ has learned actor Brad Renfro is dead.

The 25-year-old actor was found dead at his Los Angeles home this morning. The cause of death has not been determined, however, Renfro had a history of drug abuse.

Sources tell us Renfro, who had starring roles in "The Client" and "Apt Pupil" had been working valiantly to stay clean, especially since this summer. Renfro had been convicted of several drug offenses, including attempted heroin possession.

Renfro had been filming a movie with Winona Ryder and Billy Bob Thornton. The movie, "The Informers," just wrapped.

Renfro has had a rough time personally since moving from Tennessee to Los Angeles. His parents split, and we're told he did not have real guidance from adults as he tried navigating the treacherous movie industry.

utkgrad101

I live in East TN where he is from. How Super Sad for such a talented young man to loose his life to something so sensless!

Nicole

I recognize his name but I'm not really familiar with his work. May God rest his soul.

kallie

Very sad, may he rest in peace.

The "attempted" possession was because he was arrested in a sting operation while buying.

Eww

It hasn't been confirmed that it was drug related..why is everyone making that assumption? Wait until you know for sure!

just my input

OMG....how tragic...I really liked him in the movie "Bully"
RIP.....thoughts and prayers to his friends and family

FlBiker

Vaya Con Dios, Amigo.......

Kelli

My prayers are with the family.

who cares

16. I have never heard of "attempted" herion possesion? Either you have it or you dont.

Posted at 6:43PM on Jan 15th 2008 by amy

"attempted" herion possesion is when you try to buy it from an undercover cop or maybe it was a plee bargin

April Fouels

too young too soon, james dean comes to mind for some reason..................................

Peep

Honestly, I think it was a heroin overdose. If you stay clean for a long time and jump right back into it, trying to push the same amount on your body that you previously used, your body will not be able to take it. I should know, it happened to my brother.

Bubblebunny

So very sad. You guys, drugs are such a waste.

Nicole Betz

R.I.P, Brad.

I am seriously on the verge of tears right now. I have been following this young man's career for some time and I am so heartbroken over this news.

=*(

Autumn

I loved him growing up. He was so good in Sleepers. He always looked so sad.

cutiepie

Geez, only 25. Thats so sad.

Ding Dang

Another dead junkie. They never learn.