Brad Renfro Dies

1/15/2008 8:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Brad RefroTMZ has learned actor Brad Renfro is dead.

The 25-year-old actor was found dead at his Los Angeles home this morning. The cause of death has not been determined, however, Renfro had a history of drug abuse.

Sources tell us Renfro, who had starring roles in "The Client" and "Apt Pupil" had been working valiantly to stay clean, especially since this summer. Renfro had been convicted of several drug offenses, including attempted heroin possession.

Renfro had been filming a movie with Winona Ryder and Billy Bob Thornton. The movie, "The Informers," just wrapped.

Renfro has had a rough time personally since moving from Tennessee to Los Angeles. His parents split, and we're told he did not have real guidance from adults as he tried navigating the treacherous movie industry.

Julie G.

I am so sorry to hear that....I am not familar with who he is... May God rests his soul..

She Never Learns

Make Britney and Lindsay attend the autopsy and funeral

OCD

Yet another tragic life.

jeff

Mia

Sad.

What a beautiful man, what a loss for the world. Condolences to his parents, family, and true friends.

April Fouels

nip it in the bud, nuke the poppie fields in afghanistan.....................

erratic-assassin

this is extremely sad. very hard to believe.

PATRIOT

WOW, WHAT A TRAGEDY, REMINDS ME OF RIVER PHOENIX.

Day

Very sad, a very sad loss.

Jenny

Oh man, that's awful. Very sad.

Olive McBollocks

66. I feel terrible, just as much as he would have had I died. who is he anyways? Is this place worse off without him? see ya

The difference between the two of you is that you're not a public figure and nobody cares about you.

missyt85

Perhaps this is the other side of the Hollywood drug pandemic--Renfro was not a club-hopping media whore the way some other chemically dependant stars are. Drug (and alcohol) addictions are horrible diseases that, for many, are impossible to beat. To be gone at such a young age is very tragic, maybe even more so when you've got so much to offer to the world.

Cartman

Nope, never heard of him.

smells like Britney Spears

Say what?! I used to have a big crush on him when I was little. 25 is so young to go. My condolences.

jparker

What is so sad and tragic about this douche throwing his life away. if you ask me he did the world a favor by saving oxygen for the rest of us.