Brad Renfro Dies

1/15/2008 8:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Brad RefroTMZ has learned actor Brad Renfro is dead.

The 25-year-old actor was found dead at his Los Angeles home this morning. The cause of death has not been determined, however, Renfro had a history of drug abuse.

Sources tell us Renfro, who had starring roles in "The Client" and "Apt Pupil" had been working valiantly to stay clean, especially since this summer. Renfro had been convicted of several drug offenses, including attempted heroin possession.

Renfro had been filming a movie with Winona Ryder and Billy Bob Thornton. The movie, "The Informers," just wrapped.

Renfro has had a rough time personally since moving from Tennessee to Los Angeles. His parents split, and we're told he did not have real guidance from adults as he tried navigating the treacherous movie industry.

jackschitt

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

that.is.all

RIP young man.

Kristen S

this is totally sad. my grandma passed away last week and now an actor I was fond of. He was in some really good indie flicks I liked. I hope more details are on this soon about how this happened. If it was drugs than thats terribly sad :(

bookwibble

So sad.

My sympathies to his family and friends.

Fannity

Truly, truly, sad. I was definitely fascinated with him in his younger days...he was a fine actor and so beautiful. It seemed that he NEVER had his parents' guidance in his life, even when he was discovered as a little boy for The Client. I wouldn't blame HWood in this (or really any) case - it just draws in broken people like moths to a flame.

tiff

aw man. brad was my buddy in kindergarten. rip man :(

lmk1979

R.I.P. How Sad!!!

Mindy

I hate this sooo bad! Brad, rest in peace my friend..

HMC

Notice how TMZ pretends they're *not* part of the "treacherous" movie industry they're asking us to hate right now. Don't get high and mighty, TMZ, you're part of the problem.

Mia Foxx

RIP I HOPE YOU CAN FIND IN THE NEXT LIFE WHAT YOU COULDN'T FIND IN THIS LIFE. IT SUCKS THAT YOU GOT SUCKED IN AND COULDN'T GET OUT... I KNOW WHERE YOUR COMING FROM BUD...

tromba

I could not possibly care less. Asshole can't figure out how to stay alive - the human gene pool has been cleaned up a bit.

jewish smewish,,

young hollywood actors need to realize that if they dont have a down to earth base hollywood will eat them alive, everything theyve been told can register wrong next thing they kno theyre having sex with every one to make it to the top, (for example in general) they think that doing drugs is n escape and sure it is but its a very deadly escape as this poor guy has found out, hopefully he can find peace in heaven. heck im surprised hes dead and not one of those wrecks ive been reading bout for the past couple years (talking paris, lilo, britney n tara) i hope it shows them that no one is invincible and all things come to an end on earth. when it comes to humans

jim

He was my best friend, well I met him once, didnt actually talk to him. How sad. I guess ill go around acting like I know him and act real sad so other people will see me sad and fell sad for me.

LadyIsis

How awful - may his Soul rest in eternal peace

aaron

How horrible and yes Hollywood is to blame once again! Damn their eyes! I loved Brad, he wasa a good guy.