Tracey and Eddie Split -- After Two Weeks!

1/16/2008 8:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Roughly two weeks after Eddie Murphy and Tracey Edmonds ceremoniously tied the knot on a tropical island, the two have split!

Murphy's rep issued the following statement to TMZ:

"After much consideration and discussion, we have jointly decided that we will forego having a legal ceremony as it is not necessary to define our relationship further.

While the recent symbolic union in Bora Bora was representative of our deep love, friendship and respect that we have for one another on a spiritual level, we have decided to remain friends."

MaKesha

Eddie is a womanizer, he left Mel B pregnant. He and Tom Brady are ass)(**&&

Katerina

I guess she got fed up with Eddie trying on her dresses? Oh my. Well, she should have known. Everyone else does.

215girl

I knew this would happen, Eddie is a flake, plain and simple, look what he did to Mel B, I am surprised his wife stayed with him for that long.

moi

Methinks he forgot to get a prenup......:)

monique

What the hell?!

CELEBS HAS NO COMMON SENSE OR DO THEY PAY IN FULL CASH

.........EDDIE MURPHY IS THE PROBLEM .............

.........EDDIE CAN'T TAKE IT AS A MAN............

..........MAYBE EDDIE IS THE WORSE LOVER IN BED .....MAYBE HE LIKES HELPING HIMSELF ....LOL ...

MoherMayJ

please try to work this thing out

Hater of Haters

Eddie runs a sucker-free zone. His iron clad prenup cleared her head. Tracey's like, well if I can't get no cash what am I in this for. Run along with that fine ass, no chumps over here.

Ms Kris

Big surprise………….NOT!!

OK, break out your stop watch. To the minute how long did this last?

Carolyn A-B

It sounds like Eddie borrowed a page from the Mick Jagger playbook: go far overseas, have a non-binding ceremony with few witnesses, then get your publicity people to trumpet it as a "wedding." Well, it certainly fooled Jerry Hall!

He's a fine actor though and some feel he was robbed when Alan Arkin was annointed best supporting actor last year.

Eddie and Tracey no more. I think they'll both survive this.

saint

Eddie is a black man in sheeps clothing. Tracey should be thanking her lucky stars she got out so early. Message for Eddie: kiss my transvestite fat ass!

thumper666

EDDIE MURPHEY RULZ ANY WOMEN WOULD BE LUCKY TO HAVE HIM TOO BAD FOR YOU SISTER

Laura

She must have figured out he's living life on the Down Low.

Gidgeygirl

Tracey probably wised up to the fact that if she gets pregnant, Eddie will take off and deny being the Father. I think most Hollywood celebs are nuts.

SUN

More stupid ass celeb people! This boy is a punk, hasn't even laid eyes on his baby daughter. I wish his first wife Nicole would write a book and expose this creep.