Gwyn's Hubby: Coldplay Hothead!

1/17/2008 12:29 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

After leaving the hospital with his wife Gwyneth Paltrow early Tuesday morning, Chris Martin got into a bizarre altercation with a paparazzo in the middle of the street. Respect!

Chris tackled the photog and screamed at him -- but then the pap got up and went after Chris!

Anya

Bart. Consider yourself having just been virtually high-fived. I too am a former photojournalist, now retired and I agree with every word you said.
Does anyone remember a little thing called decency? The late great Jackie Kennedy Onassis once managed to get a restraining order against a paparrazzi who was stalking her. Granted, being a former First Lady may have helped and I don't remember whether this was the same photog who had placed her head on the naked body of someone else back in the days before Photoshop was invented but stalking is stalking, period.

Slowhand

I've decided after watching this that the papparazzi aren't the problem. I am. I'm the one who comes to this site every day and feeds this beast. No more. I'm going to watch this monster starve and maybe bring some normalcy back to the world. This has gone far enough...and I'm not going to the one who helps take it any farther.

Yes, these people have public lives. Yes, they want attention and adulation from us for the work they do. What I just saw has nothing to do with this. What we just saw in this clip was just a disgusting parasite burying its feeder into its host. And I'm nauseated for my part in it. Chris Martin is just a nice guy/caring husband trying to get his wife home from the hospital. Nothing more.

As a viewer, I've made this happen. This is my fault and I won't have anymore of it. And if you have any molecule of virtue still left in yourselves, you'll follow along with me.

It was me. I did it. But no more.

Hazeyj

I think that gwyneth had just had a miscarriage. She was in the maternity bit of the hospital and if you notice chris goes mad when the pap tells him "congratulations"..chris then tells him to have respect.

Angel777

The pap did NOTHING WRONG. He was jumped on from BEHIND and had his camera STOLEN. Chris Martin is the jerk in this instance. If Paltrow didn't want to be seen, she could have left from another exit. I hope the pap sues CM for assault.

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

'Fix' him, Chris -- fix him!

pennylane

Go Chris Screw the paparatzi like they REALLY care!!!!

Keith

Ha ha. Give it to him Chris. You should of kept his camera. It's so great when you photographers and then you kick their ass. "You're suppose to be a father?" How can a man father with pap following him around everywhere.

erasmus

HIS DAUGHTER LOOKS LIKE MARTY FELDMAN.

Amy Silverman

The pap had it coming-they should sue-kept the camera and gave it to the police-that pap had it coming-they should be stopped-arrest them for getting too close

Amy Silverman

Clean up time-cap a pap

Granny Pants

He's a TOOL and his band made me want to kill myself.

erasmus

puh-leez! it's gwyneth paltrow. who cares?

Standards are badly needed.

WTF are these amoral cash-for-photos press vultures doing injecting themselves into the Martin's hospital difficulties? The idiot is saying 'congratulations' to Chris, when he has NO IDEA what has happened to Gwyneth and Chris. What an insensitive, prying, inappropriate and money grubbing tool. Go to church or something and look at what you're doing, or at least HOW you are going about doing it, and then try to go about your business as if you had a clue.

JC

Er, all you people who are slagging off the paparazzi are reading a website that's full of paparazzi pictures and videos. A little hypocritical don't you think?!

Here 4 Beer