Paps Busted After Crazy Britney Chase

1/17/2008 10:03 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that four paparazzi were arrested for reckless driving last night after chasing Britney Spears' car around Mission Hills, Calif. -- and four more were pulled over for driving crazazy-like.

Around 11:20 PM last night, according to law enforcement sources, police pulled over a total of eight vehicles driven by photogs, after they were observed driving evasively at a high rate of speed and making dangerous lane changes in and around Mission Hills. Four of the drivers were arrested.

We're also told that Britney herself told cops that one of the cars may have tried to "run her off the road," but she couldn't ID which car it was, so no action was taken. Also, we spotted her going to Kitson -- the clothing store -- at 1:30 in the morning. Yes, she made them open up the store.

TMZ has also learned that cops were pleasantly surprised when Britney forked over a valid California driver's license.

Spurs

I highly doubt she was driving. If she drives and does ANYTHING to endanger herself or others, the parents may be able to get a judge to get her psychologically evaluated.

Posted at 8:52AM on Jan 17th 2008 by More amazed every day

Then why did they ask for her license. Idiot. Of course she was driving. They should have arrested her too.

WS

I'm glad they got in trouble. It's the first step toward what they are eventually going to do, which is to pass a law mandating a certain distance between a celebrity and the paps.

Yee Haw

IT'S ABOUT TIME! HA!!! HA!!! HA!!! VULTURES! GET A LIFE!

patsy ramsey

I AM THE FIRST TO NOTICE THAT BRITNEY DROVE AWAY WITHOUT HER HEADLIGHTS ON!! I JUST LOVE BRITNEY AND KFED SHOULD LEAVE HER ALONE AND LET BRITNEY RAISE HER KIDS!!

Ohcomeonnow

54. Isn't she dead yet?

Posted at 8:52AM on Jan 17th 2008 by Mikel

~~~~~~~Check back later, it won't be long now................

Lori B

My mistake, it was Britney driving. She took off without her headlights on. KEEP DRIVING BRITNEY!!!! WOO HOO!!!

Lori B

Posted at 8:57AM on Jan 17th 2008 by Spurs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yep, I posted without seeing the video. You're right and yes they should have.

Garrett

Questor, your post was hysterical! Thanks for the laugh this morning at your complete ignorance! I can't wait to see the media coverage when Britney drives off one of those wonderul cliffs out in the hills! Game Over!

Me

Does she EVER STAY HOME?? I swear this girl goes out looking for trouble!! making someone open a store for you at 1:30 in the morning when you are out and all over during the day? Sne just can't stay home!!

Yee Haw

#66 I just noticed that too(headlights) She was probably freaked out by the whole ordeal. I would be. Good Luck Brit! I hope things get better for you!

Silly Lilly

HAHAHAHAH!! GOOD FOR HER THOSE HORRIBLE PAPS DESERVE IT!!!!!

Lori B

Check out perezhilton.com
Then someone please explain why someone with all that $$ she needs to walk around in torn up pantyhose?????

JAMES

I am wondering, if she has valid plates on the car ???. does anybody know, or if it still is the dealer plate???.

just here

questor, post #13 -- you are crazy yourself to think she doesn't have any issues. she's an attention whore.

Juan Valadez

she had paper plates.. Rusnak . foothill division would have taken me in if i was driving the way she was.. .but money talks.