Christian Brando in ICU

1/18/2008 2:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Christian BrandoTMZ has learned that Christian Brando, the 49-year-old son of actor Marlon, is in bad shape at Hollywood Presbyterian hospital.

Sources tell TMZ that Brando was admitted on Jan. 11 and remains in ICU. The exact nature of his illness is unknown.

Brando was convicted of voluntary manslaughter in the 1990 death of his half-sister's boyfriend, Dag Drollet. Christian got out of prison in 1996.

In 2005, Christian pled guilty to abusing his then-wife. Deborah Presley (who claims she's Elvis' illegitimate daughter).

Story developing ...

Karan

Don;t let Robert Blake take you out to dinner. The ICU is safer.

I laugh at other's misfortunes

He's a killer so I don't care if he dies. I hope he's in pain too!

Jizy

I think he killed his sister's boyfriend because of domestic violence issues, that's why he only did five years.

Merry Christmas

Posted at 1:50PM on Jan 18th 2008 by bridget

tak u brigid fer stikin up fer peepl lick me hoo dono to spl gud u r a kampeen ndu ero

wisegirl

Didn't his sister committ suicide? She was so pretty.

April Fouels

and the hollywood curse continues.

Madison

I find that many of theses posts are very disturbing. How can anyone be so mean spirited to wish harm to another?
I feel certain that none of us live in glass houses and have never done anything wrong. I pray that Christian has a speedy recovery and he can postively move forward in his life . I will also say a prayer for those who have left negative comments so they may find some goodness within themselves.

Jizy

I also pray for god to send me a hot blonde with huge knockers and her identical twin sister AND thirty-six-year old mother.

just wondering

...jizy ..u bad!!!!...funny...but bad!! hahaahha

Bob F

Well, anybody in Tahiti could have told you YEARS ago that Christian took the rap for Drollet's death because his sister, Cheyenne, was and is as psychologically unstable as they come, and could never have done ANY prison time. The duplicity obviously continues in a bone-crazy family. Tragedy follows actions..

edm

He is in bad shape. Very bad.

Storm

He looks REALLY bad! I just heard that he's in the ICU for complications from pneumonia.

Anonymous (sorry)

The first newspaper picture I saw of Christian showed a distraught 6- or 7-year-old child being pulled by his mother -- I forget the incident, but it was during the time that she and Brando were divorcing -- and clearly she was angry about something. I remember feeling concerned for his future welfare and emotional well-being,

I was sad but not surprised to read of his having murdered his sister's husband (who had been abusing her), and again sad but not surprised that she eventually hung herself (on Easter morning -- oh, God).

It is also my understanding that Brando grew up in an alchoholic home, with all the attendant traumas that more often than not occur in that environment -- not being able to count on anything, always having to watch your back, etc. It surprises me how many children of alcoholics do eventually emerge relatively unscathed; however, it would seem that Brando was not as fortunate, which appparently impacted on his children. I'm not offering this as an excuse for committing murder, but just to round out the picture a bit.

I wish Christian well in his recovery at the ICU.

Anonymous (sorry)

#23, Bob: Your comment about Christian's having taken the blame to spare Cheyenne -- are you saying that she is the one who actually killed her husband? I had not read that. Could you elaborate?

edm

Storm, that isn't the half of it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments