Lily Allen Suffers a Miscarriage

1/18/2008 12:56 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lilly Allen: Click to watch!Brit songstress Lily Allen had a miscarriage, according to a statement issued by her rep.

"We can confirm that Lily Allen has suffered a miscarriage," said Allen's rep. "She and her partner Ed Simons will be making no further comment and we ask that their privacy be respected during this difficult time."

Lily and boyfriend Ed Simons announced back in December that they were "thrilled by the news" of their impending arrival, their first. Simons is one-half of The Chemical Brothers. The news was first reported by the Sun.

MickieBeth

All you people are so rude.... Just put yourself in Lillys position. How would you feel if you lost your baby? Would you be like. "Ah well, not that bad..." I bet it hurts like hell.... Give Lilly some space and too all the people that say anything bad about a miscarriage... YOU SHOULD HAVE A MISCARRIAGE YOURSELF TO FIND OUT HOW THAT FEELS!! Sorry... had to get that off my chest.

damndummysmoked

HELLO SHE DIDN'T GIVE A FUG ANYWAY, SHE SMOKED THE WHOLE TIME. CRY ME A RIVER, POOR BABY WAS DOOMED FROM THE START IF SHE COULDN'T BE BOTHERED TO QUIT WHILE PREGGERS!!!

damndummysmoked

OH YEAH, FIRST BEOTCHES!!!

Prince jessie super star

oh i think it would have been great if they had a baby!

google: excluzivesite

wasted days and wasted nights

And to think that I waited to guage the tenor of the responses before posting one of my own. Okay, whoever was first is FIRST. We get it and we celebrate with you in the end-zone. That aside, I respectfully express my condolences to Lily and her man. Rest easy until you can smile again.

me

Jest because you are #1 on this site does not mean that anything you write is worth reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My condolences to both of them. Loosing a baby is the worst.

*emily*

That is so sad. As a mother of three children, one who is only 7 weeks, I can imagine how she must be feeling...

I am a HUGE fan of her music, she is so smart and talented, even though her personal life can be crazy, but it seemed like she was heading down the right path, cleaning up her act much like Nicole RIchie....

My heart goes out to Lily and Ed.

I lost one too

Just because she smoked doesn't mean she would have been a bad mother. I don't smoke and recently lost my baby. That is cruel of you to say that. I hope you never have to be in that situation. As for Lily and her husband, I am truly sorry. Good luck in the future.

texasTrish

Ha, the babies father, who was together with her for what 3 months!!!! is like what 40, hmmm, she isnt ready to become a mother she doesnt even know the guy yet!!! COME ON

too sad

THAT IS SAD !

God'sChild

So sorry for your lost. I suffered a miscarriage years ago and it's so very painful. You'll get through it with love and support from family and friends

Tyler

She looks amazing in that picture...

Sara

Awww, I think people are being too hard on them! Yeah, when I found out that she was pregnant, I laughed too-- they hadn't dated that long, the age difference was vast, she still smoked. But losing a baby isn't something I would wish on my worst enemy; it's heartbreaking. My condolences to Lily and Ed.

Rockie

Thats really sad!!!!she should be smart enough to stop smoking....

IwatchTMZjusttoseeMAX!!!

most of you people are horrible. it doesnt matter how long the dad knew her, or how old he was, or that she was ignorant enough to smoke.... what matters is that a baby is dead. a living baby who had arms and legs and whose heart is no longer beating... the pain in unbareable, as is knowing that there are members of our society who cant focus on the fact that a baby lost his life.... we should all be crying.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments