Australian Prime Minister Laments Ledger's Death

1/22/2008 9:06 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Heath Ledger's death is a huge loss for the people of Australia -- so much so that the Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, has issued a statement on the Perth native's passing.
Heath Ledger
According to Sky News Australia, Rudd said: "It was with great sadness that I have learned of the passing of Heath Ledger. It is tragic that we have lost one of our nation's finest actors in the prime of his life. Heath Ledger's diverse and challenging roles will be remembered as some of the great performances by an Australian actor."

anotheraussie

I'm still in shock - I heard about it 9am Australian (Eastern) time and it's 2.30 now and I just can't believe it. He was much loved here in Australia. His death is an enormous loss which will leave a gaping hole in many hearts.

Adrienne

His passing is a national tragedy, an international tragedy, he will be missed.

Buckeye Girl

To all of you from Australia, we are sorry for Heath's family and your country's loss. You are in our prayers.

Please don't give a second thought to any comments "ME" makes he/she makes nasty comments on every
subject board that comes up, saddly even when someone dies. I don't know if he/she is an American or not,
but I would love to be able to attach him/her to araft and left it float out to sea, away from all computers.

Many of us Americans are saddened too. God Bless

celebrity.web.net

nice flag

Priscilla T

SERIOUSLY TO THE COMMENT POSTED BY "ME" You "SERIOUSLY " NEED TO KEEP YOUR COMMENTS TO YOURSELF. JUST CAUSE YOU DONT HAVE A HEART, OTHER'S DO!

And to the Family and Friends of this VERY Talented actor Heath Ledger my deepest sympthoy goes out to you. This is a BIG loss to the entertainment world. As well as for his fans. I know i was a very big fan of his. I loved all his movies. Keep your head up. He will always be remembered and forever in our hearts.
RIP HEATH LEDGER WE WILL MISS YOU!!!!!

Priscilla T

No matter what rude comments that are posted on here about Heath Ledger, NOBODY can every deny that he was an amazing actor and wonderful Father. He will be greatly missed. My Sympothy goes out to his Family and Friends. This is a Tragic freak accident that happen to a wonderful Man who was VERY TALENTED.
Heath Ledger you will be missed by many people but most of all your family.
We love you RIP Heath Ledger you will forever be in our hearts and will continue to be watched in the movies that were a great success. My personal Fav A Knights Tale.

LipPhucker Doug

I guess a bright side to this story is that we won't have to suffer a sequel to "Brokeback Mountain" And to that bloody Aussie who was lamenting about Steve Irwin last year...if he wouldn't have tried to hump that 'ray, he wouldn't have been harpooned.. I saw the video on Utube that clearly showed Steve trying to rape all kinds of critters..
And Heath Ledger was a doper.....good riddance