Heath's Body Removed from the Building

1/22/2008 8:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Heath Ledger's body has just been removed from the Soho building where he was found dead. The body was carried out in a black body bag and placed in the back of the City of New York Medical Examiner's truck.

anonymous

So sorry, and may you rest in peace Heath. God bless

Emi

Is it true that Michelle is in Sweden right now? Does anyone know?
I hear she is making a movie with Gael Garcia Bernal..

StephanieT.

It was like a train wreck...you didn't want to watch but couldn't look awake either. Thanks for the lesson on human nature!

davesmomster

I don't want to be the first to say it, but seems like I must. Why the heck was it such a great actor and not Britney spears? I know you are all thinking the same thing. Dang.

me

it is horible...

Jayla17

this whole thing is very sad...although there are rumors going around that he did overdose and such it doesn't make him not worth mourning over. he is still a phenomenal actor and i wish we could turn back time
i can't wait to see him in his new movie...i'll be first in line

mel

Why do you have a video of his body being removed from the building? I know TMZ shows pretty much anything and everything but, come on, have a little respect, taste and class SOME of the time! This video is just too much.

Nikki

Im Truely Sad This Sucks All The Great Actor/Actresses Died and the Crappy Ones Stay

Rhett

How sad and tragic. He and his family are in my thoughts and prayers.

JessBcuz

I feel terrible for his daughter and all those that loved him dearly. Regardless of what they're showing on TV or the internet...these people will still feel the deep pain of their loss. Unfortunatly it will be televised since he was such a great actor and a beautiful person. M

My heart goes out to his loved ones.

Rest In Heaven, Heath. Be @ Peace.

UnderMySkinner

Much closer than the first piece. And for those nay-sayers, this happens every single day all over the world this time it just happened to be filmed. Death it what we become, no one's immune so do a little growing up or you're going to find yourself a mess when it happens to you.

NDJ

I can't believe that you actually would want to post this....isn't it sad enough that he has died. Now you are filming the morbid removal of his body from his apartment.

DesertChildAZ

TMZ: You really have no class whatsoever. People got by for hundreds of years without seeing the bodies of the dead celebrities carted away. It's not necessary journalism. It is voyeurism. Stop. It's terribly unbecoming.

gradnsg

this is so shocking, he was a great actor. my sons loved him. they love watching him in knight's tale and brother's grimm. i hope he's in peac e now. prayers and thoughts to michelle williams and matilda and the rest of his family and friends.

Kelli

I saw the same thing on Headline news. A lot of places showed it. I cant believe I am this upset. My prayers to his family.