Heath's Body Removed from the Building

1/22/2008 8:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Heath Ledger's body has just been removed from the Soho building where he was found dead. The body was carried out in a black body bag and placed in the back of the City of New York Medical Examiner's truck.

Lyndsey

I dont understand the police over in the USA...here in the UK names and details of people that have died are not given to the press untill the family has been informed....i cannot begin to imagin how heartbreaking this must be to find out from the media!

me

Hey Cassidy, don't worry sweetie, that day WILL come.
RIP Heath. I am honestly at a loss for words. I hope that you are in a better place, a place where you can always watch over your baby girl.

jpm4444

I dont think there is anyone in hollywood that doesnt' take medications for anxiety, insomnia or depression. They give them like candy because of who they are. Very sad. He was very talented.

djdiscotrash

I refuse to watch this video. Jesus Christ.

mjd

He was great, what a pity, a loss to the industry and an even bigger loss to his family. My deepest sympathy - it's a sad day. He will be missed.

francine

I too was shocked when I read the news. I had no idea he even had a substance abuse problem. He was a great actor and I will never forget his performance in Brokeback. He was a beautiful man with a beautiful gift and the world will be a lesser place without him. R.I.P. Heath. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Francine

Lana

Obviously he wasn't happy with his life, so I am glad he found peace. It's just very sad to see someone who accomplished so much and had so much more to accomplish in the future die so early.

Trish

That's sad.. he was a really good actor. He had a child and all. And the interview from before was a bit of a weird coincidence. Yes, errie interview if you ask me. Dying felt good once you're in someone else's body? Obviously he committed suicide through an over dose. They don't want to tell us that, but it's there. Didn't Brad Renfro just pass away too? What's going on? Hollywood Stress? I mean seriously, no wonder lindsay went to rehab. Paris went to jail. Britney is freaking out. I do feel bad for her. I feel bad for them all. My prayers are for the living and dead. God rest your souls and heal the living!

Little Chyna "Girl"

"One day someone will finally give you what you deserve ..." "However, I honestly don't think that day will ever come ..."
Which is it? They'll get what's coming to them or the day will never come? You sound like Hillary Clinton during the Democratic Debates ... or ANYTIME that she is in front of a camera for that matter! Ol' DOUBLESPEAK CLINTON!
M R. A N D M R S ... Vote McCain!!!!!

juleeanna

This is so very sad. What an amazing young talent he was. Now,is a time for any story about this young man to be put to rest. Dont try dig up dirt or make any stories about his death.like he was a drug addict or something as disgusting. He has left this world and many will be saddened and he will be missed.My thoughts go out to his friends and family.God Bless .

Jane

OH MY GOSH....haven't any of you ever seen a body bag before??? I see them on the news everyday.....ok, he's a celebrity, but most celebrities, when they die, have this same shot...for example Marilyn Monroe, and let's get political, how about Ronald Reagan...his casket was shown on TV for DAYS! All the MAJOR news networks followed his body across the country and back.

Lay off TMZ for doing what everyone else does ya bunch of cry babies! As if you are personally offended! Give me a break and get off your high horses!

Losers!

disgusted

It is sad & disgusting you would go as far to show the body bag being taken out of the building.

kevin

This really is a tragedy. So talented and so young. I have not felt this bad since River Phoenix overdosed. Rest in Pease, Heath. You were a good guy and a real talent. Loved Brokeback Mountain. So real and heartfelt.

Tina

Whilst I love all the celebrity goss...do we really need to see heath in a body bag??? That's just too much.

paps suck

Why....why...why??? Is it really necessary to film a man being brought out in a body bag. Disgusting!!