Heath's Body Removed from the Building

1/22/2008 8:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Heath Ledger's body has just been removed from the Soho building where he was found dead. The body was carried out in a black body bag and placed in the back of the City of New York Medical Examiner's truck.

N.D.

I have been a big fan of Heath Ledger ever since "10 Things I Hate About You". I just don't understand why in the hell anyone would want to show a video like this! TMZ, you are sick and twisted for even posting a video like this! It's tragic that he is gone and he will be missed, but if this is your idea of a "Money Shot" then your sadly mistaken. Show a little respect, if you know what that means! RIP Heath.

Jennifer

I understand you need to report the news, I do frequent this site, but to have the video of his body being removed...a bit disrespectful to his family, friends & loved ones. Not to mention his daughter, who in the future may see it...no child needs to see that.

MizzThomas

Man this is sad.. One of my favorite movies is 10 Things I Hate About You.. It's like they say all of us young ones are dyin so early.. we don't get to live our life long enough.. we either take it or its taken from us.. Death is such a scary thing now a days.. But it is with great saddness that he had to die so young.. Travel safley to you rnew home.. Later..

gary

tmz censored my comments..both were removed...i have the email proof...they can dish it out but they cant take it...you have a bunch of rookies working for you and it showed...i didnt say anything that was bad..i had comments 91 and 121 and they are gone..kind of funny... now u decide to edit

utzzie

How sad!! Prayers go out to him and his family, R.I.P.

Sheila

It's sad how shocked people are, because we put these people on a pedestal not knowing what they do on their own time. This is a major shock. My son, who is close to the same age, was devastated and completely stunned by this sad turn of events.

laura

I can't believe this happened and I'm so upset by it, more than i thought i would be. He was an amazing actor with tremendous talent. my heart goes out to his daughter, michelle, and his family and friends. I can't bring myself to watch this video. TMZ you should be more respectful to him

Sexymommyoffour13

This is soo sad for him and his family but later on in life its going to be the hardest on that little girl of his. I know everyone think it's "fascinating" to butt in where it's non of there business but this crosses the line! Who really needs to see his body being carried out!! This is just sick and wrong.

gary

my comments were about the guys working on the live feed and the conversations that they were having with there bosses...it was sad...my sympathy goes out to his family

sara

when a regular person dies and we see them being wheeled out of their houses, it's journalism.
when a celebrity dies, and we see their body bag, its "disgusting", "tasteless", and "disrespectful".
..weird

me

hey phony tony, do yourself a favor and OD you sorry son of a biatch! he did not OD you freaking dumbass. do you believe everything TMZ prints? man you're an idiot!

PRMami

Oh my... I cannot believe it. My prayers are with his family and friends during this hard time. I must admit that I am kind of in shock about this... wow. :( I loved him as an actor... this is so sad.

tenderheart

This is so SAD. I feel sorry for his little girl.

GW Bush

No, people...

This is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

This is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA THAT IS FUELED BY HYPE, MEDIA AND BIGGER, BIGGEST, BIG

This is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA THAT IS HATED MORE AND MORE BY THE REST OF THE WORLD.

This is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA in FULL FLIGHT of FRENZY.

RIP Heath.

jarofdirt

I don't understand why all the people that think that it was wrong of TMZ to post this are looking at it to begin with. The title was clearly stated. No one was forced into watching. Either way, RIP HEATH! You were a great talent.....God speed.