Heath's Dad -- "Heath Touched So Many People"

1/22/2008 11:32 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Heath Ledger's father, Kim Ledger, flanked by his family, released a statement on Australian television.

We, Heath's family, confirm, the very tragic, untimely and accidental passing of our dearly loved son, brother and doting father of Matilda. He was found peacefully asleep in his New York apartment by his housekeeper at 3:30 p.m. U.S. time.

We would like to thank our friends and everyone around the world for their well wishes and kind thoughts at this time. Heath has touched so many people on so many different levels during his short life but few had the pleasure of truly knowing him.

He was a down to earth, generous, kind-hearted, life-loving and selfless individual who was extremely inspirational to many. Please now respect our families need to grieve and come to terms with our loss privately.

cry baby

who posts as toxilicious on a story like this?have some class ppl. and please let the family write their own eulogy.

lulu

all of australia is in mourning.

waltzing matilda
waltzing maltilda
you'll come a waltzing matilda with me
and he sang as he watched
and waited till his billy boiled

you'll come a waltzing matilda with me...

former SFV resident

10 things I hate about you poem

I hate the way you talk to me,

and the way you cut your hair.

I hate the way you drive my car,

I hate it when you stare.

I hate your big dumb combat boots

and the way you read my mind.

I hate you so much it makes me sick,

it even makes me rhyme.

I hate the way youre always right,

I hate it when you lie.

I hate it when you make me laugh,

even worse when you make me cry.

I hate it when youre not around,

and the fact that you didnt call.

But mostly I hate the way I dont hate you,

not even close

not even a little bit

not even at all. R.I.P We will miss you

JoeBobHenryJed

We love you and we'll miss you man, that's all I can say. R.I.P.

Jill

I feel so terrible for his family. I admired his work and thought he was a great actor, but more importantly is how his immediately family is coping with his tragic end. This is just terrible for his family and friends and there is nothing that I can add except that I feel for them during their time of grieving. It breaks my heart for Michelle and their daughter, Matilda. No child should have to go through this, even though she can't understand what is happening now. All too soon, she will understand. I have a 3 year old and hope that she will never have to experience death like this first hand. Warmest wishes to his family and friends in the time of their grieving. Please know that even though you don't know us, we are here for you and our thoughts are with you.

Lilly13

agreed i think everyone needs to let the family greeve in private its what everyone would want if they were in their shoes
RIP, my prayers are with you.

Ames

My, what a tragic loss at such an early age. Public, PLEASE give this man, and his family the privacy SO deserved. He obviously was a VERY private person, but a good dad albeit. All condolences to his family (and extended) at this time. Let's just remember all of the great work he has accomplished. Rest In Peace, my friend... You are in a MUCH better place now to watch on your daughter. A truly beautiful Guardian Angel : )....

Sommer

Hearing about this, this afternoon before it hit the air, its still shocking.
He was one of my favorite actors. Even though i didnt know him personally
It still hits, you begin to really think about things....
R.I.P. Heath Ledger.

CHRIS

damn this is one person that i never even thought would pass away so soon......this is sooooo sad, he was a very talented actor..... im very speechess right now..... my blessings go out to his friends and family. i do have one question, did tmz report if the sleeping pills found in his room were prescribed or bought over the counter

Terri

...and his baby girl looks just like him. What a sad, tragic ACCIDENTAL event. My heart breaks for his baby and family. Godspeed, Heath.

Ricky and Libby Gaona

RIP We Loved you on Lords of Dogtown as Skip. My sons are very crushed by your death.

CANDY CRAP

Unbelievable, I fel tlike I had been hit with a brick....He reminds me so much of a cousin of mine, a dear soul. I don't understand how anyone could let this happen to him. When a person is ill with something like pneumonia they aren't always clear-headed. That's when loved ones hover and keep watch until danger has passed. One of the most unnecessary kinds of deaths. ..neglected and alone. I am angry...and so sad for his family.

Stephanie Goldmin

The lord is with you Mr Heath Ledger

flyinskyler

Even though I enjoy movies like everyone else, I really never really got into the Hollywood hunks. Heath was always my exception. He has been my all-time favorite actor. He was a complex man with depth that came through in his acting. He was one of the most versatile actors in the business. The movie industry has lost a true gem today ,His family,friends, and loved ones lost a special man and wonderful human being . It doesn't matter how he died, the fact is that the world lost a beautiful talented young man way too soon. Rest in Peace Heath. I hope you finally find the peace you never found here on this earth.

sls

my condolences to the family...he was a great actor,and my heart is hurting for his little girl and my prayers are with to family..