Heath's Family: He Did Not Kill Himself

1/22/2008 9:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has been contacted by a rep from Heath's family. The cops told the family Heath's death was accidental and there is no evidence to support the buzz that he may have committed suicide.

They are particularly distraught over media reports that he may have taken his own life. The family says he was not that kind of person.

As we just reported, Heath was ill with pneumonia when he died.

Perthgirl

I feel so so sorry for his poor family. Coming from Perth - Heath's hometown myself, we probably heard the news on the radio at the same time they did. I know how shocked I am - I can't begin to imagine how they feel. What an awful way to find out about a family member..... The media (including local journos) should leave them alone to grieve.. All the speculation would make it so much harder.

Madonna

so sad!

Be kind to animals

Can you post at least one decent photo of Heath? Thanks.

The Sovereignty of TMZ Whores

That make more sence to me. He does'nt seem like the type to take his own life. Especially with a daughter her clearly loved. The meds these doctors dish out are too dangerous. I took a trip to the hospital after a lousy root canel. The doc gave me Vicoprofin and it almost killed me.
I can't believe he would kill himself. Too much going for him. So tragic

tonya

ITS SO SAD. I DONT THINK HE TRIED TO KILL HIMSELF AT ALL. I HATE THAT THE NEWS MEDIA IS SAYING DRUG OVERDOSE MAKING IT SEEM LIKE HE WAS ON CRACK OR SOMETHING. IVE TAKEN 2 SLEEPING PILLS ONCE BEFORE AND WELL I THOUGHT I HAD TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL. IF HE HAD PNEUMONIA THAT IS REALLY DANGEROUS.

MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

OK BRAD RENFRO WAS 1.....
HEATH WAS 2
WHO WILL BE 3? ALWAYS COMES IN 3'S.....SO SAD TO SAY.....

Cheryl

Hey Phony - Go do yourself - Ass-wipe!

GypsyLaura

When you are sick the medication can put extra strain on you. My father almost died from High Blood pressure meds that should never have been mixed with meds he was already taking. #13 shame on you. He was not a dope head. He had pneumonia. You want to call someone a dopehead. Look no further than the american doctors!!
A sweet young father just passed. Have some respect.

Jake Gyllenhall

TMZ JUST REPORTED HEATH WAS LIVING WITH NOMADS FROM THE MANYDINGDONG TRIBE!!! COULD THIS HAVE CAUSED HIS DEATH??? GET IT HERE FIRST!!! Gimme a break, Harvey needs to concentrate on the Peoples Court and leave news to credible sources, he's on the level of Geraldo now...

LCAVS

So what he was naked when they found him...my husband always sleeps naked for some odd reason. If Ledger was sick he may have mixed too many meds together just like Anna Nicole...maybe he took some over the counter cold meds with prescription meds...yeah, that'll totally kill u...I know if I take tylenol cold & flu or nyquil it makes me feel dizzy and if I try sleeping it kinda makes me breathe funny...so if he took somethin like that (like a lot of it) with sleeping pills, then yeah, that'll do it....Sucks tho, he was a great actor, my prayers go out 2 his daughter & Family...it's hell what they're going thru right now....

Tmac

This is really sad. So young, so talented. Life is short.

Puleeeeze!

Of course his family is going to say that. Sorry to be cynical but he was only 28. It takes a lot of pills to kill a 28 year old man.

Stella

"Accidental...?" does that mean accidental overdose? I mean...they found sleeping pills scattered all around the bed right? How does anyone...let alone a 28 year old....die of pneumonia in America today...? Especially a rich and famous movie star.......

Anonymus

36) very true. I could be wrong. But the paprazzi is paid to follow celebs around and get all the dirt. If he had major substance abuse i'm sure we'd know about it or seen a picture or something of the sort. It's how Hollywood works. And your right..I haven't seen pictures of you abusing drugs or alcohol because..your not famous. No one is paid to follow your ass [no pun intended] around.

But we will all find out tomorrow the true story from the medical examiner.
Let's hope for the best..even though it still won't change the fact that he is no longer here.

jed

My prayers and thoughts go out to his family...but who lies naked with sleeping pills everywhere...and it is an accident?

What is with people committing suicide naked? I loved him but I don't believe that "he was not that kind of person."

Anyone can be "that person." RIP, Heath.

roughdaddy

thats eff up!!! hope he finished the new batman!!!