Heath's Family: He Did Not Kill Himself

1/22/2008 9:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has been contacted by a rep from Heath's family. The cops told the family Heath's death was accidental and there is no evidence to support the buzz that he may have committed suicide.

They are particularly distraught over media reports that he may have taken his own life. The family says he was not that kind of person.

As we just reported, Heath was ill with pneumonia when he died.

PRMami

I hope it was not suicide... such a great loss.

54321

Taking to many sleeping pills...Accidental or Overdose, it doesn't matter honestly...He DIED. People around him said he seemed depressed, even his last interview the person who interviewed him said he was depressed. Doesn't mean he killed himself at all...Just when you take MORE Pills than you should and you are Intelligent Person, one should know that it could harm you in some way. Just sayin....
The only I person I feel SAD for is his Little Girl.

ahhhhahhhhahhhBritneyis not a drug addict kfedlied

I loved keith's movies i am a 19 yr old fan of his . I am sorry to hear about his sudden and shocking death my sympathy goes out to his family and his daughter . Hollywood has lost a wonderful actor . RIP KEITH LEDGER this is form ur fan Jessica

allee

seeing as how I have had the unlikelyhood of having someone close to me commit suicide. You don't ever know. And you don't ever want to think they could anyways. I'm not saying I think he did. What I'm saying is the family memebers couldn't possibly know if he was capable until the corners report.

ps. not everyone leaves a note either so lack of a note means nothing.

Kare

Ok after reading a lot/most of the comments I have to say that a lot of folks need to get a life. It is extremely sad what has happened. None of us was there and know what the cause of death was. We have no right to judge anyone. When I was at work and found out he died I was upset just for the fact he died. I didn't care about the cause, it's not my business and it's not yours. It sucks that people cannot rest in peace. It doesn't matter if it was drugs, sickness or an overdose HE has to deal with the Lord not me or you, at least not at the moment.

Joy

The only idiots that came to the conclusion that heath killed himself is you TMZ, stop reporting 10 inaccurate stories, why don't you wait for the facts Tmz? NASTY!

WOWO

I FEEL REALLY BAD FOR HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS, NO MATTER IF HE KILLED HIMSELF OR NOT, THOSE PEOPLE ARE HURT NOT HIM BECAUSE HE IS NOT HERE ANYMORE. IF HE WAS A GOOD PERSON HIS SOUL WILL BE FOREVER OKAY.
I HOPE HE DIDNT KILL HIMSELF, BUT YOU NEVER KNOW WITH THESE HOLLYWOOD PEOPLE. HE WAS ALONE, FINISHED UP HIS MOVIE, HE IS NO LONGER ENGAGED.....HE MIGHT HAVE HAD TIME TO THINK ABOUT HIS LIFE. AT THE END OF DAY FAME, MONEY, AND GROUPIES DONT MEAN ANYTHING IF YOUR NOT HAPPY INSIDE. WHY WAS HE NOT IN HOSPITAL IF HE WAS SICK WITH PNEUMONIA? WHY WERE PILLS SCATTERED AROUND THE PLACE? THERE A SO MANY QUESTIONS BECAUSE HE WAS SO YOUNG.

IM NOT SAYING HE WAS ON DRUGS OR NOT BUT THE QUIET PEOPLE WHO YOU THINK ARE STRAIGHT AND NARROW ARE NOT, HE COULD HAVE DID ALL HIS DIRT BEHIND CLOSED DOORS. DRUGS COULD HAVE BEEN THE REASON WHY MICHELLE AND HIM WERE NO LONGER ENGAGED.....

Cat Ledger

GET IT RIGHT

merrilyn

I am so saddened by this terrible news and my heart goes out to Heath's family. A parent's worst nightmare to lose a child and a beloved brother.

Raschell

Oh those eyes......that smile. May God bless you sweet angel.

MarkToronto

Stop comparing Anna Nicole Smith with Heath Ledger. They were like night and day. Heath was an amazingly nice and talented actor respected by many.

Kasean

Heath Ledger was one of my favorite actors. My heart goes out to his family and his daughter in their time of mourning. It will be a sad road for her as she grows, but she will remember him as a devoted father. I'll remember him as a talented actor leaving way before his time. Oddly, I had a dream with him last night. Creepy. Best wishes!

Biker 1957

"The Police Have Ruled It An Accident". I guess every knuckle dragging cop is a forensic pathologist now. I think the cops should probably wait until the toxicology reports are back before making such idiotic pronouncements. Maybe they run everything past Britney and she's the one that told them it was an accident...

theDude

the joker has the last laugh

Ms. Behavin

SHAME on you TMZ...I am done with you and your tacky stories. You all seem to be a bunch of "journalists" who couldn't get jobs at a real publication. Sad for you!