Heath's Family: He Did Not Kill Himself

1/22/2008 9:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has been contacted by a rep from Heath's family. The cops told the family Heath's death was accidental and there is no evidence to support the buzz that he may have committed suicide.

They are particularly distraught over media reports that he may have taken his own life. The family says he was not that kind of person.

As we just reported, Heath was ill with pneumonia when he died.

R.I.P

i thnk dat he did kill him self but then we will miss him but then i dont think dat he killed him self well we will remember heaths my prayers go to his family!!!!!!! in loving memeory of heath

Susan B

Another Hollywood drug addict. The city with too many drugs and no morals.

panic805

BREAKING NEWS!..... Gerbel found in rectum and police believe it was self inflicted. AP

Julie

I am so sorry for his family's loss. He seemed like a great person. So talented and a deep soul. This is truly tragic news. My heart goes out to his little Matilda.

lilbabygrl

Seriously...im watching fox news and reading the TMZ reports, the man was a great actor, he was a good father, and hes dead. Let him rest in peace, stop speculating, report the facts, he's dead, give the family the respect they deserve, this isnt britney and the news stations should show some respect and stop guessing and wait until the reports come out. Its sicking watching fox news and reading stuff and watching him be compared to britney and lindsey...I feel so bad for the family my heart does out to them...i hope he gets to rest in peace...

PatriceG

Does anyone know if he mixed any medications (like over the counter cold/flu medication, or a perscription from the doctor tp clear up the pneumonia - maybe the sleeping pills were perscribed way before the pneumonia and he had them around and mixed them?) Please don't all jump to conclusions - let's get the facts first. God Bless Heath and his hurting family - and God watch over his daughter Matilda.

collegegirl

"Suicide does make it much worse, trust me. It's much worse to think that a loved one just couldn't take life anymore and decided to take the selfish way out without thinking about his family."

Actually, many people who commit suicide because of severe depression or other mental health disorder see themselves as a burden to their families and to the world and believe they are so worthless that they are doing everyone a favor by dying. no one thinks, "let me be selfish and kill myself!" And to tell the families of suicide victims that their lost one was selfish is also not something i hope you do!

i also dislike how everyone says that he was too "good" of a person to kill himself...people who kill themselves are neither bad nor good, they are just people who make an inrrational, permanent decision to what are likely temporary problems. Suicides are tragedies but are never reflections on a person's self-worth. stop the stigma now!

Adrienne

oops, I meant up my rectum, I love that gerbil, That gerbil was my best friend, and my hand too cause I am too ugly to get a real date

Norma E

Heath Ledger was a young talented actor who left this earth way too soon he was in my top 5 favorite male actors, I've been in shock ever since I heard, let us mourn for a great loss rather then point fingers,or ussume anything that may have accure in his last hours of life, we will hopefully find out the truth of it all soon enough for now lets just mourn his loss pray for his family and friends and he will be missed dearly!!!!!!WE LOVED YOU HEATH GOOD BYE!!!!!!!!

Cyndi

I understand that journalists want the first, breaking news to be credited to them when dealing with a story with caliber. However, it would show more class for a journalist to get as much of personal information, like from family, prior to submitting such a story for public knowledge. Nonetheless, thanks for the update.

lee

It's tragic. A terrible loss. A gifted artist, real person and adorable Daddy. It has to be an accident. It may of been from ARDS if he had pneumonia and was a smoker but it sound more like an accidental mix of medication. My sympathy goes out to his loved ones. From one artist to another you touched my life. You'll be deeply missed and forever remembered.

smooly

I live in Perth Western Australia, Heaths hometown.

The news has hit hard.

ALOT of people are grieving.

His family have to listen to all this speculation about suicide.

Why cant people just shut the hell up.

FFS

Shon

I HAD A FEELING THAT A HUGE STAR WOULD DIE TRAGICALLY AND NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD BE HEATH. MAYBE THOUGHTS OF BRITNEY, BUT NEVER REALLY TRIED TO THINK OF WHO. IT'S JUST SAD AND I HOPE WE ALL CAN REALIZE HOW SHORT LIFE IS AND THAT WE SHOULD ENJOY EVERY MOMENT AND BE GRATEFUL TO GOD.

R.I.P. HEATH, I LOVED HIM IN "10 THINGS I HAD ABOUT YOU"

Shon

HEARING ABOUT HEATH...MADE ME THINK OF ANOTHER GREAT ACTOR WHO DIED YOUNG.....RIVER PHOENIX. TRULY AWESOME ACTORS THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN NEXT JACK, DENIRO, PACINO AND ETC...

smooly

Just reading some of these posts goes to show why the world is turning into a hellhole.