Ledger Deathbed Strewn with Pills

1/22/2008 6:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Heath Ledger found dead in his apartment in NYCLaw enforcement has confirmed to TMZ prescription pills were strewn around Heath Ledger's bed. The cops are waiting for the Medical Examiner.

Cartman

These things happen in 3's.

Who will be the next young man in Hollywood to die? I'm hoping it's Shia.

Mary

A little girl has lost her daddy and the world has lost a very talented actor. It is very sad.

Amber

I can't believe it! I love Heath Ledger. Such a waste of talent and youth.... and now his daughter has to grow up without a daddy. What's going on with celebrities lately?????? Hollywood needs to sit down and evaluate themselves.

kp

14. a bottle was found not pills are not thrown around I have been in the apt get it straight

Posted at 5:26PM on Jan 22nd 2008 by jcs

Maybe you should be talking to Harvey Levin, then.

melissa

THIS IS JUST SOOOOO SAD...GOD BLESS HIS FAMILY........REST PEACEFULLY

Matt

drugs kill, that's for sure. his wife sounds like a real loser too. i hope his girl is OK.

BARB

I am so beside myself right now... he was such a fantastic actor and had a great career ahead of him. I don't want to speculate that he had a drug addiction, or maybe he was suffering from a deep depression - we may never know. I just wish he would have gotten help. *cries*

Nor Cal Reader

What? No crude, crass or tacky comments from TMZ? Like "Pill Poppin' 'Poke Passes On" or "Jokers Last Laugh". You're real good at making rude and tasteless comments about celebritys you don't care about, why not this idiot?!!? Double standards... not a good pratice!

tina

So,So sad.......The person who made first comment you should be ashamed af yourself!!!! I truly feel for his family and his little girl. He was a great actor and I am sure he will be tremendously missed by many.

Cartman

I take it back. I hope the third one is Zac Efron.

farrah

omg, what's going on? first Brad Renfro and now Heath? so, so sad... G'd bless his soul, if he was fighting demons, i hope he gets finally gets peace. I am hoping for an accident tho.
and for the idiot who posted "first"...karma's a bitch, you a-hole

jollyex

#17-Yup: No. No one on these sites knows what the hell is really going on. We all read a little tease and we all LOVE to jump to conclusions and judge people who we know nothing about. It's quite a pathetic statement on our own insignificant lives, don't you think? But I'm as guilty of it as everyone else who posts. The news is barely out and people are already screaming about drug problems and suicide and what a selfish bastard he is to take his own life, etc.
R.I.P.

Beth

CNN is reporting that they were sleeping pills, but they were over-the-counter. Also he was in the apartment of Mary Kate Olsen... thats sad.

fal

HURT by JOHNNY CASH. am i right.

Betty

So sad. Best to little Matilda.