Michelle Williams -- Devastated

1/22/2008 9:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michelle Williams is "devastated" by the death of her former fiance, Heath Ledger.

We're told that "words cannot describe" the pain she is in over the news about the father of her child, Matilda Rose.

We're told she is on a plane heading to NY right now.

chillout music girl

this is so sad............... he was obviously a good hearted person inside and out....

I found this photo of his daugter and him......it is very sweet.....

Buddy Rasberry

I'm devastated as a fan. I can only imagine how something this unlikely and sudden affects the family. He was an amazing young man and actor, and did very well with the hand that was dealt him. I truly believe this was an accidental death. Whether is was, or was not. It shouldn't have happened.

Serts

Courtney

RIP Heath. It's too bad you won't get to see your lovely daughter grow up =(

carla

As i am from sydney australia i can say this is like a shockwave going through us. Devstating for michelle and matilda. My prayers are with them and his family and truly no words can express the heartfelt sincere grief we all share with michelle. Bless you both and rest in peace heath what a tragic loss for all.

JB

Heath Ledger's death is such a tragedy. Not only was he a promising young talent, but was also an inspiration to many people through the release of his film "Brokeback Mountain." Heath took a real risk when he decided to co-star in that film and helped create dialogue about an often "taboo" topic in mainstream society. Rest in peace Heath and your family and friends are in our prayers.

roughdaddy

i would like to show the woman some confort kelli,,,nothing wrong with that....

taz

I am so sorry for his mom & dad. losing a son. & for michelle losing a live & the father of her child. may he rest in peace. such a young age to die. most likey an accident..

lmk1979

My heart goes out to her and Metilda.

PRMami

This is terrible... I am shocked. So sad.

Star

Of course she is devastated why doesn TMZ act like their reports are "shocking" Idiots! My prayers are with Michelle, Matilda and Heaths whole family

bitch

TMZ you guys need a little box on your front page where we can all chat.

Sandi in NYC

PLEEEEASE tell me that this poor girl and their families (he IS the father of her child,so BOTH families are affected)...DID NOT FIND OUT ABOUT THIS BY THE DAMN MEDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie G.

My prayer and thoughts with Michelle Williams, his daughter and the rest of his family members.. Roman 8:26-27 is the one I suggest read when you cannot find the words that cannot express, the verse helps you to listen to your heart and soul at this moment..

luan

Is there any site more LAME than TMZ? I mean, I could have thrown up a post saying how "devastated" Michelle Williams is. DUH.