Michelle Williams -- Devastated

1/22/2008 9:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michelle Williams is "devastated" by the death of her former fiance, Heath Ledger.

We're told that "words cannot describe" the pain she is in over the news about the father of her child, Matilda Rose.

We're told she is on a plane heading to NY right now.

Sick to my Stomach

UGH - this is so tragic. I feel for Michelle, not only for her child, but just for the fact that she loved Heath, and had longterm relationship with him, and they both shared/experienced things together that no one else will ever be able to know and feel the way that she did. I am praying for his family and friends....this is horrific.

LefsaFan

If the account about Michelle's reaction is true - and I think it is - then the relationship was much more powerful than some believe. A strong, strong love between two sometimes cannot overcome the obstacles put in the way by one. But even at that, she had her soul mate, and now she grieves. So sad.

Vicki

I'm sure Michelle is devastated, even if she and Heath weren't together any longer. Heath was still the father of their young daughter, and this will have a lifelong effect on both of their lives. My heart goes out to Michelle, Matilda, and Heath's family.

Kelli

Thats very nice of you rd. Bite me, me me me.

Wow my goodnesss

My heart goes out to her

just my input

TMZ...back off....DO NOT harrass this lady...she has a little one to deal w/ as well as the death of her father.....LEAVE HER ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

philip

RIP heath we will miss you

Cheryl

Never could have "dreamed" this would happen. My deepest sympathies to everyone.................

ingenem

what is most striking is his lonely body wheeled out of the apatment....sorrounded by papparazis as supposed to a friend, a family memeber.R.I.P Heath...we are all devasted.My heart goes to his closed ones and the
little Mathilda.

shelly

Ummm they were married. That was her ex-husband. Yes it is very very sad. I thought he seemed so down to earth and mellow.

Hip, but no ties

I was so shocked when I first heard the tragic news of Heath's passing. Unfortunately, unless the family agrees to it, Michelle has no say in his funeral arrangments. She is only the baby's mama.

Had they been married, she would rightly be the next of kin. As it stands, Matilda is his next of kin. Being that she is only 2 years old, the immediate family (parents) has the last word.

For all of you that think that little piece of paper means nothing, think again.

Cindy

They were never married, not that it makes it any less tragic. But, just clarifying.

Jonathan

It is sad when anyone dies, I just hope that the stalkerazzi leaves his family alone and let the morn in peace!! Too often the public wants to know every detail about a star dead or alive and I feel that Heath's family needs their private time!! People should ask themselves how would they feel if it was one of their family members that was famous and had past away?

To Heath's family, I want to send my condolences and please know that he is in a nice place!!!

Jonathan

Dolor

My heart goes out to his daughter, Matilda.

I saw the video on Lindsay and hope that she takes this, very sad event, as a lesson to change her ways.

Descansa en paz, Heath

abbi's mom

I think sending our comments to the family would be a great idea. When I first heard about this sad event, I thought it was a joke. Right now I wish it was. He was my all time favorite actor. He will always be.