Sleeping Pills Strewn Around Ledger

1/22/2008 8:03 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Heath LedgerLaw enforcement sources tell TMZ sleeping pills were strewn around the bed of Heath Ledger.

One law enforcement source told us it is much too early to determine if the death was accidental or suicide.

FABIO

**PLEASE GET THE LIVE VIDEO STREAM GOING AGAIN**
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM BRINGING THE BODY OUT OF HIS APT.
=========================================================
**PLEASE GET THE LIVE VIDEO STREAM GOING AGAIN**
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM BRINGING THE BODY OUT OF HIS APT.
=========================================================
**PLEASE GET THE LIVE VIDEO STREAM GOING AGAIN**
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM BRINGING THE BODY OUT OF HIS APT.
=========================================================
**PLEASE GET THE LIVE VIDEO STREAM GOING AGAIN**
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM BRINGING THE BODY OUT OF HIS APT.
=========================================================

sister_mary_rotten_crotch

Can TMZ PLEASE not add so many posts about the same person? its retarded.

Brooke

How terribly sad! I just wish he would have thought more about his daughter!

Danny

Get the facts, and then post them. We can all wait 5 minutes for you guys to get it straight. This is getting retarded.

jemms

i really hope that it isnt suicide...for the sake of his family and daughter...

Cheryle

This is terrible. So young and talented with a little baby. I feel horrible for his family and friends, but mostly for his little girl and ex girlfriend.

staffco

HATE PEREZ?? WATCH THIS VIDEO AND SPREAD IT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4_fOra6Vqc

Nikki M

Suicide my ass. What did he have to be upset about? Maybe losing MIchelle, but they seem on good terms and she lets him see the kids whenever he wants. It just seems a little too suspicious to me (and im not insensitive I've been through many of suicides and there is ALWAYS something fairly obvious which is usually added to some other underlying problems too. but there is ALWAYS something obvious) I don't know, Im not a conspiracy type of person, but i think something is wrong with this situation. It wouldn't be the first time someone's death was made to look like a suicide. anyone remember Marylin Monroe? another "suicide" with pills "strewn around the bed" and that was totally murder. I hope they find whoever did this so he can rest peacefully

Lori2U

THEY WERE OVER-THE-COUNTER SLEEPING PILLS... NOT "DRUGS" PER SE.
IT IS STILL A VERY SELFISH ACT IN THE EVENT THAT HE DID TAKE HIS OWN LIFE...

My words

This is bizarre. I could not believe it. I was ready to cuss Tmz out for posting such a bad joke, and so quickly. This is weird: Brad Renfro, Heath Ledger, and AMY Winehouse next???? This is too much. Too bad for his daughter. He looked so good in the upcoming Batman movie. His joker blew Jack Nicholson's out of the water. How? Why? What went wrong, seriously?

I love it!

IS DLISTED DOWN FOR ANYONE ELSE???

This is so so sad. I feel for that poor baby! I have a feeling it was suicicde though. God Bless!

Lori2U

WELL IT'S ABOUT TIME THE MEDICAL EXAMINER FINALLY SHOWED UP...

jemms

the sad thing is that I just heard that michelle probably found out the same way we did...thru the media...since she wasnt his wife the cops wouldnt have called her.

Lisha

It's to early to tell, stop deminishing his life through his death. I take a sleeping pill every now and then when I can't sleep and guess what I keep them on my night stand. I saw him in an interview a few weeks ago telling the reporter he hadn't been able to sleep well since he starting playing the joker. Couldn't it had of been possible he was just taking a sleeping pill (over the counter) and maybe something in it combined with something else killed him, and maybe the pills are thrown around because maybe he had some sort of heart attack and tried to get to the phone and the bottle got knocked off the night stand...I mean anything is possible lets not just assume he killed himself.

who fuggin cares